Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

THE REASON I STEPPED AWAY
FROM THE WHITE SAVIOR ANGLE...

1. IN THE ACTUAL MOVIE THEY CONTINUOUSLY
POKED FUN AT THE CHOSEN ONE ANGLE.

2. YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE DUDE IS ON
DEMON TIME NOW AND ISNT A SAVIOR AT ALL.

3. HE SAID REPEATEDLY IF HE GOES SOUTH
MILLIONS OR BILLIONS WILL DIE
AND NOW HES EMBRACING THAT KNOWING
WHAT WARRING WITH THE HOUSES WILL LEAD TO.

HES CLEARLY NOT A HERO
AND THE AGENGA HE AND HIS MOMS HAVE
WAS LAID OUT VERY CLEARLY

:devil:
:evil:

At least you laid it out well pause :manny:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I misspoke lol, I meant to say he IS in the film. My mistake. My point is that the second film is almost entirely about him refraining from his destiny, knowing that it will lead to catastrophic violence for the universe, and then when he finally succumbs and becomes what he was meant to be...people are missing the point and calling him a savior when he's not. His ascent/descent to godhood even included dramatic, horror-esque music and people still missed the point.

The movie doesn't do that however.

The movie presents it as if he had NO CHOICE otherwise the Fremen would remain forever ruled by evil cac overlords who have now put an even worse person than Batista and the uncle in charge of the planet (Batista's sadistic brother)

The movie doesn't present another option.

There is also never no emancipation/rebellion without conflict, war and death.

You're trying to make the movie complex when it's as black and white as Avatar and Star Wars.

Harkonens and the Emperor = bad/evil cac overlords. There's no depth to those characters other than that.

If they weren't presented as villain overlords and actually had depth it would be different.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

The movie presents it as if he had NO CHOICE otherwise the Fremen would remain forever ruled by evil cac overlords who have now put an even worse person than Batista and the uncle in charge of the planet (Batista's sadistic brother)

You're trying to make the movie complex when it's as black and white as Avatar and Star Wars.

Harkonens and the Emperor = bad/evil cac overlords. There's no depth to those characters other than that.

If they weren't presented as villain overlords and actually had depth it would be different.

HES THE RIGHTFUL
EVIL CAC HEIR TO ARRAKIS
ON BOTH SIDES OF HIS BLOOD LINE THO.

EVEN IF HIS GRANDFATHER NEVER KILLED
HIS POPS, ARRAKIS WAS GONNA BE RULED
BY HIM SOME DAY.

HE DIDNT FREE ANYTHING.
shyt IS STILL STATUS QUO.

:devil:
:evil:

shonuff

All Star
Daps

the Freeman arent ruled by anyone even Paul .....they arent enslaved - that ONE group of Freeman wage war against the Harkonnens. ....

there are literally millions of other Freeman that have NO interaction with anything outside of what they are immediately dealing with ...

bro you dont even know the damn story how are you gonna tell people what it is when you show you dont even know ...you didnt even really pay attention because the first movie established that noone out side of Leto and now Paul is aware that there are millions of Freemen ....the Harkonnens thought there were just 50,000 of them.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Oh ok, so ultimately the Bene Gesserit is the “dark side” that controls and influences everything.

Bene Gesserit is the “devil” or the bad guy in the story. And all politics stem from them and is inherently bad even if motives seem good

Everything stems from their self fulfilling prophecy. But what is the “prophecy” based on, their own imagination or literal interpretations of old rock drawing?

In the books is it all just old superstitions or the fremen or is it a real religion that the Bene Gesserit believe in?

Also In the book is Zendaya character the only one who isn’t religious and doesn’t believe in the Prophecy?

I feel like the next movie should be about her, but she also could just disappear into the desert and become irrelevant
Basically, the BG invented a prophecy out of thin air. They made little details in the prophecy, but simple ish like "it's a male...he will know your ways..", but they went around to the more gullible planets and spread that prophecy. But they plot and prod to keep the prophecy strong. There's things in the books that have yet to be revealed in the movies detailing how they do it, but they are willing to wait centuries. They're playing the numbers game, and with as many believers behind their pick it puts them in better position to take control.

Paul's not even their pick, but Lady Jessica threw a curve ball into their plans. They're not evil, and don't control everything, they just have their agenda. Basically, everyone has the same agenda, to sit top of the hill, and all scheme to do so. There are NO good guys and NO bad guys. It's just the side of the table you're on at that time.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
the Freeman arent ruled by anyone even Paul .....they arent enslaved - that ONE group of Freeman wage war against the Harkonnens. ....

there are literally millions of other Freeman that have NO interaction with anything outside of what they are immediately dealing with ...

bro you dont even know the damn story how are you gonna tell people what it is when you show you dont even know ...you didnt even really pay attention because the first movie established that noone out side of Leto and now Paul is aware that there are millions of Freemen ....the Harkonnens thought there were just 50,000 of them.
This!

This is what I don't understand about why they keep saying white savior. I said in my other post. He's not saving the Fremen from anyone. They aren't enslaved, Paul's not their leader. No one gives AF about them, and if that group lived on the other side of the planet away from where the spice was being mined, no one would even bother. Nor would they. And they even said so in the movie.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

Ur a fukking idiot bruh :russ:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
Two things that stand out to me from an otherwise good representation of the book.

First film should have Introduced the princess during the scene where she meets Paul and rautha. She just popped up in the second film when this is one of the most important set pieces in the book.

Secondly thufir hawat just disappeared in the second movie. Pivotal point in the story him going from leto to harkkonen.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Who’s winning an academy award for their acting in this?

Nobody made me come out the theatre saying “that was a great performance”

But Zendaya was convincing with her emotions. I like her in the vulnerable side chick role :yeshrug:

I didn’t read the book but I hope she gets revenge in part 3 and her and Timmy fight :ohlawd: