Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Never read the books or seen the movies. Am I missing out brehs?

The wife wants to see it but...I dunno brehs :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Solid A, bordering A+… just incredible

Chani (Zendaya) got curbed worse than anybody i’ve ever seen in a movie :mjlol:. Imagine getting dumped and friendzoned right after you think you’re about to be the emperor’s wife :huhldup:…it’s like if Obama dropped Michelle to wed Chelsea Clinton..on inauguration day :damn:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Never read the books or seen the movies. Am I missing out brehs?

The wife wants to see it but...I dunno brehs :jbhmm:

The book is one of the greatest science fiction novels ever written. George Lucas used it (or ripped it off, whichever you think) as the basis for Star Wars. At the very least, read the book.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
My bro got us some tix for this afternoon. I really have no excitement at all for this movie at all but I hope it's not boring like part 1. The setting is what makes me :russell: but I'm willing to try and enjoy. Wish me luck!

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The book is one of the greatest science fiction novels ever written. George Lucas used it (or ripped it off, whichever you think) as the basis for Star Wars. At the very least, read the book.
:mjpls:The same can be said of Frank Herbert ripping off Isaac Asimov The Foundation series dune is just a weirder more fantastic take on it.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My bro got us some tix for this afternoon. I really have no excitement at all for this movie at all but I hope it's not boring like part 1. The setting is what makes me :russell: but I'm willing to try and enjoy. Wish me luck!
It's definitely not boring...but if you can't appreciate the world part 1 was setting up, I don't know how much you'll like it.

Depending on how part 3 turns out, this has the potential to be my favorite trilogy :wow:

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Had no idea, welp, I'll stream the first one today and try to catch it this weekend

Props breh :whew:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought the movie was ok. And can tell Deni doesn't like dialogue, because there is NO memorable dialogue in the whole movie. I think this would be better as a TV series, so you could dive into the politics of the world more.

I know they're doing a DUNE TV SERIES based on the WITCHES, but that's 10,000 years before this movie.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Paul's mom was on some other shyt.

Can someone explain why the witches got surprised when they gave Paul's mom the water of life? Does the sister get some sort of power?
Going by the film as presented only (didn't read the book and have no intention to)
yes, the unborn sister got elevated awareness and powers immediately, the communication with her mother, essentially communicating with Paul, etc. a powerful unintended consequence by the witches it seems