Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It’s amazing. Oppenheimer would have had it’s hands full with the Oscar’s if this had released last year.
oppenheimer would still take picture, director , actor and supporting actor. the below the line categories is where it would get interesting. i still think oppy gets editing. this would probably get sound , and VFX over godzilla(oppy wasnt nominated) and be battling barbie for production design and makeup costumes etc. cinematography would be a battle though, and this probably wins

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
AMC wants me to pay $30 to see this shyt in Dolby Cinema :gucci:
Large Popcorn + Large Drink

$17.48
huh-what.gif

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Part One was basically Villeneuve marinating them steaks with the set-up, world-building, and then he finally puts it all on the grill here. Homie brought it. There’s a part of me that likes the quieter approach of the first a bit more but this was still a damn great follow-up. More importantly, I felt like I got all my money’s worth tonight and didn’t need any shoehorned post-credit scenes to try to hype me up after a subpar film.

I’ve been meh on Austin Butler for a while but he finally won me over here. Fantastic performance. He’s basically Pure Majin Stellan Skarsgård in this, the embodiment of unfiltered chaos. Him and Timmy killed it.

I am also absolutely here for seeing infrared visuals picking up steam in cinema. This and ‘The Zone of Interest’ recently. Them Giedi Prime sections really did make me feel like I was on a different planet.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
White people colonialism at its finest. Down to the religion. What I don’t understand is. Why did Paul’s mom people even let this happen. They literally willed this to happen and now have lost control. 8.5/10 my girl gave it a 8/10.

None of Baron’s family could fight well :russ:

Bautista was a true meat head

Last edited:

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
White people colonialism at its finest. Down to the religion. What I don’t understand is. Why the Paul’s mom people even let this happen. They literally willed this to happen and now have lost control. 8.5/10 my girl gave it a 8/10.

None of Baron’s family could fight well :russ:

Bautista was a true meat head
Have you read the books?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Read the book and enjoyed both movies. My only complaint is the pacing. I can't believe I'm saying this, but a third movie probably would've been better.
I understand the desire to have the epic nature of this displayed on the big screen cinematically, visually etc but to truly appreciate the story I think a GOT type series would cement it as GOAT status. I look forward to seeing part 2 sounds like it wasn’t a visually pleasing snooze fest like part 1 atleast