Daps
GHN8_AdXUAAH2n0

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it yesterday at the imax fan event, shyt was hella crowded. Didn’t like it as much as the first (maybe due to the newness wearing off), as a book reader he did change/altered some things and felt like pacing was the biggest issue for me (book related) but still was great. The scale, casting, cinematography, score was top.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How do the original STAR WARS movies still look more imaginative and better than the Sci-Fi movies we have in 2024?

George Lucas was way ahead of his time.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Minor spoilers ahead. No different then what you would see from Double Toasted. If you wanna be totally surprised SKIP THIS.

IMAX- I'm not the "You gotta see this in IMAX!" type person. But I really enjoyed this in Imax. But I will say don't see in some cheapest theatre either. You need to experience this.

My Review:
I'm not a Dune stan at all. I can't even tell you most of these nggas names. Part 1, I was bored to death. This movie was a totally different vibe.

Action- So many types of fighting. From sword fights, to war combats, to Faizon Love.

Character development- Def. enjoyed seeing this ngga Paul develop from this uncertain person to discovering who he is. And I'll leave it at that.

Zendaya aka baby goat. Perfect for the role she is in. If your fan like me (her acting not her looks:scusthov:) she is consistent as usual.

Pacing- 1st hour was good. But that 2nd hour I was locked in. The last 47 minutes was great as well. Yes, I check my phone at times. But it wasn't because I was bored to death. I mean it's a long movie. And he's not Christopher Nolan. But he knew how to mix it up from the different type of combat, dialogue, etc.

Visually- This is where I will boldly say this is the best sci-fi I've seen in years. My goodness. Minor spoiler. There is a black and white scene. Oh my goodness. I was blown away. And just minor stuff of how their "air transportation" looks. Just creative. Now, is this Spiderverse where it's visual overload. No. But at the same time there is no reason why this shouldn't have multiple Oscar nominations.

Bottom line: Best sci-fi of the 2020's. And when I say sci-fi, I mean in a Ridley Scott, Star Wars, Star Trek sense. Not Marvel. I get the story in general but I'm not locked in like that. But it's so many trash sci-fi films. recently Way different of when I grew up. But this really pushed the standard.

P.S. There are some characters I don't like. But the main one is Bautista. This ngga was straight trash. Just yelling for no reason. What a waste.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
How do the original STAR WARS movies still look more imaginative and better than the Sci-Fi movies we have in 2024?

Bad CGI inherently dates a film and makes it age poorly. Miniatures, matte paintings, practical effects trump bad cgi. Good CGI should be so good you can’t tell it’s being used (like Dune part 1, mad max fury road, etc)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bad CGI inherently dates a film and makes it age poorly. Miniatures, matte paintings, practical effects trump bad cgi. Good CGI should be so good you can’t tell it’s being used (like Dune part 1, mad max fury road, etc)

Dune's story on screen has not been good. The OG STAR WARS presentation of a story on screen has been a million times better. You can barely name the characters in the Dune movies. There's no standout dialogue (which makes sense now. lol) And I don't feel anything for the characters.

I'll also add ROGUE ONE & ANDOR have way better stories and characters than Dune as well.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lol cause George lifted a lot of world building, story and character from older Sci fi media like Dune to begin with.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol cause George lifted a lot of world building, story and character from older Sci fi media like Dune to begin with.

Well, Lucas definitely has done it better, than this faithful adaptation of Dune. So, like I said STAR WARS is a way better story, and presentation in movie form, than these Dune movies.

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Well, Lucas definitely has done it better, than this faithful adaptation of Dune. So, like I said STAR WARS is a way better story, and presentation in movie form, than these Dune movies.
Star Wars is more easily palatable for general audiences, there’s less substance and depth. There’s no way it’s a “way better story” when Lucas just copied Dune and Kurosawa’s Hidden fortress.