Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
is there a story in the series where the fremen stop dikkriding the space honkies¿

the visuals are top tier but the nonsensical shyte is irking me

you are native to the only planet there is that has a resource necessary for interstellar travel & let folks that would easily die if you just dragged them into the desert without lacing them on how to survive come through & run you¿

believing fairtytales dangerous as a motherfukker HA

Daps
Better than the first movie in all aspects... like bruh. I gotta see this again.
Couldn’t agree more. I’m going to see it again tomorrow in 4DX to see if it’s better than it was in IMAX with all the worm riding & fighting in this part.
Seemed like every actor took it up another notch for this 1 especially Austin Butler & Chalamet. I told my bro it was like watching a dream team game of acting. So many Oscar worthy performances.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Minor spoilers ahead. No different then what you would see from Double Toasted. If you wanna be totally surprised SKIP THIS.

IMAX- I'm not the "You gotta see this in IMAX!" type person. But I really enjoyed this in Imax. But I will say don't see in some cheapest theatre either. You need to experience this.

My Review:
I'm not a Dune stan at all. I can't even tell you most of these nggas names. Part 1, I was bored to death. This movie was a totally different vibe.

Action- So many types of fighting. From sword fights, to war combats, to Faizon Love.

Character development- Def. enjoyed seeing this ngga Paul develop from this uncertain person to discovering who he is. And I'll leave it at that.

Zendaya aka baby goat. Perfect for the role she is in. If your fan like me (her acting not her looks:scusthov:) she is consistent as usual.

Pacing- 1st hour was good. But that 2nd hour I was locked in. The last 47 minutes was great as well. Yes, I check my phone at times. But it wasn't because I was bored to death. I mean it's a long movie. And he's not Christopher Nolan. But he knew how to mix it up from the different type of combat, dialogue, etc.

Visually- This is where I will boldly say this is the best sci-fi I've seen in years. My goodness. Minor spoiler. There is a black and white scene. Oh my goodness. I was blown away. And just minor stuff of how their "air transportation" looks. Just creative. Now, is this Spiderverse where it's visual overload. No. But at the same time there is no reason why this shouldn't have multiple Oscar nominations.

Bottom line: Best sci-fi of the 2020's. And when I say sci-fi, I mean in a Ridley Scott, Star Wars, Star Trek sense. Not Marvel. I get the story in general but I'm not locked in like that. But it's so many trash sci-fi films. recently Way different of when I grew up. But this really pushed the standard.

P.S. There are some characters I don't like. But the main one is Bautista. This ngga was straight trash. Just yelling for no reason. What a waste.

So it's a classic

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
In only read Dune book one cause I have a bad habit of only reading the first book of series if I think the first book is perfect. But this has me wanting to read Dune Messiah.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
is there a story in the series where the fremen stop dikkriding the space honkies¿

the visuals are top tier but the nonsensical shyte is irking me

you are native to the only planet there is that has a resource necessary for interstellar travel & let folks that would easily die if you just dragged them into the desert without lacing them on how to survive come through & run you¿

believing fairtytales dangerous as a motherfukker HA

😁 I think that’s the point of the series? But yeah it’s very interesting how the author and movie play into these white savior tropes in order to subvert them but also that’s probably what makes this story have such mass appeal. I kept thinking about this element throughout the movie.

But it was a DAMN good movie. I would say on par with the first. I love the development of all of the characters and the story. You can tell this is an epic tragedy in the making, which kinda reminds me of MacBeth. I think they did a great job of ratcheting up the action though. Fight scenes were :banderas:. I did find the scene near the throne odd. Why did they allow that to occur? I feel like I’m missing something. Other than that though, I really really enjoyed it. 9/10