Dune 2 - (March 1, 2024)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This shyt looked good but was boring as fukk. I assume yall hyped cause this some shyt from the 1985 book fair yall loved or something lol. Im in for pt 2 but i hope its a little more amped

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I just actually copped tickets, almost every single showing was nearly sold out. No middle seats. I’m hoping far right seats won’t be too bad of an angle considering the screen is so massive.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I’m seeing it with my dad first and then again with my girlfriend. Definitely a Dad movie. He was about 16 when the first book came out and read them all as they were originally released.

I live in a shyt area of the country where there are actually no legitimate real IMAX screens in the entire state. We drove 2 hours for Dune Part 1 to experience it in real IMAX, we’ll be doing the same for Part 2 he’s hyped.

He told me the other day that he thought Dune Messiah was almost better than Dune, so I’m hoping Denis gets to make it.
Are you guys brothers or should we all be seeing this with our dads :lupe:
:mjlol:
I guess it's just that type of franchise that works for older men

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Dunno how/why people saying the first one runs out of energy after 90 minutes or is poorly paced. That film is very well done and rips from beginning to end.
My brother tried to say it builds up to nothing, I told him it was a water down version of Foundation but still pretty pulpy.

He refuses to see Oppenheimer because that movie jumps around too much. :weirdo:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
My brother tried to say it builds up to nothing, I told him it was a water down version of Foundation but still pretty pulpy.

He refuses to see Oppenheimer because that movie jumps around too much. :weirdo:
I like Dune way more than Foundation, novel wise. But I get your point. I haven't seen the Foundation TV show tho.
:hubie:

I guess I can see why the ending wasn't popular with some point but it's still a pretty traditional "one adventure ends, another begins" ending. I'd compare it to the ending of Fellowship Of The Ring in that regard.