Dump a nikka for being broke not realizing he's actually rich Brehettes

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
:what: theres never been a better time to be a freelance web designer/creator.. All these people trying to make their own businesses because of social media etc. People out here feasting on this market.

Not only that, he wasnt LOOKING for work. He ALREADY had work, clearly says "hes working on a few websites" that means hes already working on them..

:mindblown: cot damn what in the fukk :mindblown: why the fukk yall :superman: so quick for these girls :wtf:
Breh I'm not caping for anybody, dude could be Tommy from Martin. Gave her vague job descriptions with no regular income?

I don't give a damn about the woman, but his own friends know dude ain't bout shyt.

Dude was just 'bout that bum life. Money didn't change that, it probably just saved him from being homeless.

She lasted with him far longer than I would with a woman displaying the same characteristics

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Tell me this: If you dating somebody for damn near a year and yall ain't did shyt, what make you think to expect something different? Come on nah

I wouldn't EXPECT a damn thing if that's what person was like that when I met them. There's obviously a reason you're with the person, and if they aren't asking for money, has their own place, handle their business and pay their bills with no problems , why does it matter if you're supposedly happy?

The thing that prompted the breakup in that work of fiction wasn't what he had or didn't have, it's her being long-eyed, greedy and looking at what everybody else had.

:ufdup: If the bytch wanted lobster bisque instead of potato soup then she should've taken some initiative and payed for a night out on the town her damn self and proved her worth

The fake breakup wasn't unreasonable. If you want something more, move on.

Last edited:

Brix

Rookie
Daps
Came into this thread expecting to go #HOH but tbh... she seemed pretty reasonable.

1. She dated him while he lived a broke ass lifestyle for 10 months. It's not like she knew he was loaded so she stayed to play the long game.

2. Dude seemed like he didn't do much day to day except fukk around on some websites to make money. It could look like you have no goals, no ambition, and have no money to provide for your fam if you wanted to start one.

As a dude in his mid 20s, im trying to hustle and put myself in a good space for the future. If I'm 30 and I drive a 20 year old camry, with a shytty job and no motivation to get myself anywhere in life I wouldn't be mad at all if I chick wasn't fukkin with me. In the same way if a chick is 30 and she isn't doing shyt for herself except work at starbucks with no motivation to better herself I'm not fukkin with her either. It's a 2 way street.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Thanks for being understanding on the woman's behalf. I am sorry If I knew this dude was rich like he was, I would have still broke up with him. He sounds cheap as hell, and BORING!She needs to be grateful.
The thing is, she didn't find him boring. She said she loved him, enjoyed their time together and it was going great. She decided to end it when she saw her peers were posting "accolades" online, and decided that at age 26, she needed these accolades to be happy when she was already happy before.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I [F26] have been dating Will [M27] for most of 2014; I met him on New Years Eve, we exchanged numbers, scheduled a coffee date and have been seeing each other ever since. He's tall and shy, with long thick hair like Eddie Vedder. He lives in an older house by himself and drives a 1997 Toyota. He dresses very casually - I don't think he even owns a collared shirt - and all his clothes are minimum 1-2 years old. For income, he told me he "ran a few websites" and picked up piece-work as a 'session guitarist'. He is also very frugal. He never took me out for fancy dinners or anything. In the beginning it was always coffee dates, walks, hikes, etc. If we go out, he insists on 'pre-drinking' and refuses to buy drinks at a bar. Most nights he was content staying in, watching Netflix and playing his guitar.

I never outright asked how much money he made, but given his lifestyle, clothes, furnishings, etc. plus the fact that he rarely worked, I assumed it wasn't much. I would lightly prod him with questions about the future, if he had any career goals - he would say that he "saw me in his future", but also he was "happy the way things were".

I have Facebook and am on it every day, usually when work is slow. Lately my newsfeed has been filled with my peers getting married, buying houses, having babies, and other various accolades. I can't help but feel jealous by this; it seems like everyone but me is making significant gains in their lives and relationships. Three weeks ago, after seeing a girl I knew from high school buy her 3rd property with her husband, it felt like my relationship with Will was juvenile and had no future.

The next time I was over at Will's (after he served me potato soup for dinner and was torrenting a documentary for us to watch later) I ended the relationship. I was perfectly honest about everything - he was a great guy, I loved him and his personality, but I felt he lacked career/life ambition and we wanted different things for the future. He sat and listened to everything, seemingly unmoved by it. When I finished talking, he said "fine by me" and asked me to leave. I went to hug him on my way out, instead he just guided me out the door and slammed it shut behind him.

With prior boyfriends, we'd still talk or text a bit after we'd be broken up. Sometimes we'd even still hook up. I dunno, I've just never had a 'bad break-up' and always try to remain on good terms. I haven't heard a fukking word from Will, even after texting him multiple times and calling him once.

I saw two of Wills friends at the gym today. I went over and made small talk, asked how he was, etc. I tried to explain myself, saying he was a great guy but our views on money and the future didn't seem to mesh. To this, one friend chuckled to himself and walked away. I asked the other friend WTF that's about it, and he says "Yeah, we heard. The thing is, Will's loaded. He inherited his grandpas land which is leased to oil and gas companies. I've seen the quarterly checks he gets and they're more than my yearly salary. Good luck getting him to spend it, though. He has a 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' type mentality. Just look at that piece of shyt he drives!"

This has completely baffled and upset me. I dated him for 10 months when I thought he was penniless, proof I'm not a fukking gold-digger. I am a 26 year old woman who needs to be pragmatic, I can't just indefinitely date someone with the future being so uncertain. He could've said something, ANYTHING during our break up when I was explaining my doubts about our relationship. Instead he said nothing, and now he refuses to talk to me. It makes absolutely no sense.

I just feel so low right now. If a man with disposable income meets a woman he likes, doesn't he want to treat her? He said he "saw me in his future", why didn't he care enough to share these things with me? He could have easily kept our relationship alive by being forthcoming. Someone please help me make sense of this situation.

*TL;DR - My boyfriend kept his wealth a secret from me throughout our entire relationship. I ended the relationship on the pretext that he wasn't money/career motivated, he didn't say anything to the contrary. *
http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromos...ne_please_help_make_sense_of_my_exboyfriends/

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Would've done the same thing. As a rich nikka, how would you ever truly know if people love you for you? You can't. You know how folks are with the "It ain't tricking if you got it" mentality. Matter fact, that's like with having fun in general, you ever seen people so obsessed with selfies and IG picture angles so they can appear to have fun yet not actually having fun? :stopitslime:It's sickening. It's not like the dude even cared she dipped out, he hit her with the door and wasn't seen since. She didn't wanna stay, he was like :manny: and that was the end of that. They both did what they had to do, but she only started feeling some type of way when she saw other people on facebook getting married and buying houses. Can't say I don't understand, but the fact that she's making an issue of it NOW when the relationship is done and over with is silly, cause you know he ain't gonna take her back. :ufdup: and why should he?

Girl was perfectly happy with her dude, but then she had to go compare herself to the highlights on Facebook and create her own unhappiness. She needs to go get over that sense of entitlement.

This. Dude is clearly looking for a woman who isn't about all of the things this girl was. Different strokes for different folks. It's all framed about what he didn't do for her, yet she said herself he was a great guy and everything. They still went hiking and everything, they still went to the bar. He was just smart with his money. Just because you have racks, doesn't mean you have to go blow it. He was happy with the way things were, she wasn't. I agree with his "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality. If you're happy living with where you are, why spend more than you need to? His grandpa probably taught him that, and to look for a woman who feels the same. Oh well. Too late to feel bad about it now. :yeshrug:

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
I'm more #HOH than anybody on this site but you brehs are just looking for an excuse to go to town on women now. Yea she was influenced by her facebook friends but find me one woman who isn't and who's not from :duck:berg. She stuck with this boy for 10 months and he wasn't making no moves. So all I gotta do is say "I'm working on a few websites" and that means I'm on my way to $tack$? @itsyoung!! :heh: I'm a journalism student and I can't tell you the number of my classmates who are "working on websites" :mjlol:

She wanted something more than potato soup and Netflix every damn night. :manny:

That's if this story is even true :mjpls: