Dumbbell Shoulder Press

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I was just planning to check my 5x5 on this exercise ... but got thrown off by a busy gym, and did pull ups and dips first today. I'll try next time i hit upper body (3-4 days).

I can finally do 135 for sets of 5 on barbell shoulder press. took me some time to gain the confidence to do it without a spotter (I don't like using spotters, because I'm not really interested in talking to people when I go to the gym).

So I'll do 60s to see how many reps I can manage, then maybe try 65s.

Pretty sure you'll be able to lift heavier than this,if you hittin 135 barbell press for reps,keep us updated tho

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Tough to say whats really good. I don't like low reps (5 or less) for this exercise simply because it then becomes too hard to get the weight in place

I think 60's X 8 is pretty good

I think 90's X 8 is pretty damn strong

I'm talking full extension, no cheater reps

I agree, And anything 100 and over is :whew:

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My memberships expired and I only have dumbbells that go up to 40 so I mainly use the barbell, but I could probably do 55s maybe 60s. dbs just too hard on my small wrists for shoulder press, I prefer barbells. I dont get too caught up on the weight I'm pushing though, Id powerlift if weight was my thing

How long you been llifting for?

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I got a question for people who work alone. yall got any techniques on getting the dumbells above your shoulders. on sitting dumbell press...up to 85 lbs I can usually use my knee to push the dumbells up. but once I get up around 90 lbs the shyt seriously becomes a bytch. I work out late nights so there's not many people to ask for help.

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I got a question for people who work alone. yall got any techniques on getting the dumbells above your shoulders. on sitting dumbell press...up to 85 lbs I can usually use my knee to push the dumbells up. but once I get up around 90 lbs the shyt seriously becomes a bytch. I work out late nights so there's not many people to ask for help.

shyt I just push em up with my knees:manny: Other than that I have no idea,besides asking for help,thats a good question tho:lupe:

Bledswole

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
yea upwards of 90-100 shyt is no joke. just getting em above my shoulders i'm already sweating like a bytch. fukk it....guess that'll help the core in itself.

Ya biceps and triceps strong? Thats the only thing I can think of for the reason of you having a hard time getting the heavier weight up

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Ya biceps and triceps strong? Thats the only thing I can think of for the reason of you having a hard time getting the heavier weight up
I think so...I feel my arms are too big actually. but I just started the phat routine and i'm currently on the 75's. so in a couple weeks i'ma see if I still got the same trouble. this was a couple years ago when I did the phat routine before and I was havin some issues. I think my core may be stronger now.