Due to rising rents, America’s homeless ranks graying as older people retire on streets

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I have lived in small towns and I have lived in big cities. That lady receives disability payments. Those payments would go further in a small town with lower rents than in a big ass city. Seriously she might be able to rent a whole house in a small town compared to big city where she might only be able to rent a room.

Not anymore. 2022 prices got even rural areas looking extra crazy.

You scared,of landlords, say you scared of them. They need to be beheaded for price gouging.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not anymore. 2022 prices got even rural areas looking extra crazy.

You scared,of landlords, say you scared of them. They need to be beheaded for price gouging.

How much can a landlord really charge a person to live in places like rural ass Arkansas, Mississippi, etc.? There are literally whole vacant ass small towns all across this country outside of the cities where the prices are more affordable and where the poor afford to live. Yeah I realize that life in a small house or trailer in small town Arkansas, Nebraska, Iowa or Mississippi might suck, but that shyt would be more appealing to me than sleeping in my car on the streets of Phoenix.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I have lived in small towns and I have lived in big cities. That lady receives disability payments. Those payments would go further in a small town with lower rents than in a big ass city. Seriously she might be able to rent a whole house in a small town compared to big city where she might only be able to rent a room.

that $800 Disability check is outdated pay wise,,,,
Most places Aren’t Available to rent these days,,
Im sure millions of people also thought about moving to a small town also ,,

but the US has Billions to send to Ukraine tho:francis:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
But it's hard for a Black person not to end up in a sundown town, when relocating to these small towns in the U.S.

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
What prevents progressive liberal politics from addressing this issue
Conservatives and liberals zoning got us here today :mjlol:

All that single family zoning an building restrictions fukked up housing prices

But all these dumb azz nikkas here figured the way to fix it is even more government to interviene in housing even more
:mjgrin:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
These stories don't make sense. People don't have to live in cities. They can relocate to smaller cities and rural areas where rent is more affordable. If she drove that big ass truck to a small ass town she might be able to afford a whole ass house or a trailer for a whole lot less.

Poor people in my opinion shouldn’t even be driving and driving long distances is also not in a poor persons favor

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But it's hard for a Black person not to end up in a sundown town, when relocating to these small towns in the U.S.

There are thousands of small Black towns all across America. My family is from one. I get that people might not want to live in some small ass town, but that shyt is way more appealing to me than being homeless on the streets of a major city.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
What prevents progressive liberal politics from addressing this issue
Voters, both conservative and progressives absolutely refuse to vote for new housing being built. We're in a situation where we're in dire need of affordable housing but nobody wants them built in their neighborhood so affordable housing loses at the ballots everytime.

King Poetic

R.I.P. GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Donald Whitehead Jr., executive director of the Washington-based advocacy group National Coalition for the Homeless, said Black, Latino and Indigenous people who came of age in the 1980s amid recession and high unemployment rates are disproportionately represented among the homeless.

Many nearing retirement never got well-paying jobs and didn’t buy homes because of discriminatory real estate practices.:francis:

and there’s your problem among minorities

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
that $800 Disability check is outdated pay wise,,,,
Most places Aren’t Available to rent these days,,
Im sure millions of people also thought about moving to a small town also ,,

but the US has Billions to send to Ukraine tho:francis:
The problem is, the tax base that makes the big cities unaffordable will just pick up and move to another city as soon as the backlash hits and the homeless population jumps and do the same thing like whats happening in Austin.

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
Voters, both conservative and progressives absolutely refuse to vote for new housing being built. We're in a situation where we're in dire need of affordable housing but nobody wants them built in their neighborhood so affordable housing loses at the ballots everytime.

Zoning should be illegal federally only way market corrects itself in a few years