Dude states FFXVI sets back gaming 60 years with racism

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Wake me up when they have the same energy for Zelda and the whole Nintendo line up.

Yoahi’s answer about diversity was bull shyt though. I don’t care that there are no black people in the game but don’t feed me bs.

It’s obvious why this game is under extra scrutiny when all videogames are 99% white.
To be fair, Zelda has a race of brown skinned people.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To be fair, Zelda has a race of brown skinned people.

The Dhalmekians in this game are brown skinned too, its literally the same thing. Thats like every japanese game at this point

I never viewed Gerudo as black people, there’s just always the “brown exotic” people they insert into these games

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
When they make games with black characters we get Sazh and Barret. In all honesty I'd rather they just not.

Every brown skinned character in a mainline Final Fantasy game has either died or a walking stereotype.

The only one that’s an anomaly is Fran, the brown sexy bunny from FF12.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Hugo isn’t white, people don’t even follow the game just wanna troll

Final-Fantasy-XVI-Voice-Actor-Alex-Hugo.jpg

FUSN35HWAAEOOea

Game has just as much “black” people as every other game yall play on here, including zelda, xenoblade, any other japanese game sans street fighter.

Anyone with tan skin is considered black in anime though, its not actual representation
That is a tanned Bruce Willis.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That's a stereotype of black women being sexualized.

Damn, good point.

There’s actually no good black representation in Final Fantasy games. :ohhh:

Hell even the black guy in Parasite Eve gets set on fire to help a bio engineered white woman cop.:huhldup:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Every brown skinned character in a mainline Final Fantasy game has either died or a walking stereotype.

The only one that’s an anomaly is Fran, the brown sexy bunny from FF12.
I'm just not looking to the Japanese who have limited to no exposure to black people to be some beacon for black representation in their works. Usually when they try the results are horrendous.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The Dhalmekians in this game are brown skinned too, its literally the same thing. Thats like every japanese game at this point

I never viewed Gerudo as black people, there’s just always the “brown exotic” people they insert into these games
I didn't view Gerudo as black people, but Indian or middle eastern. Which is why I said brown.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm just not looking to the Japanese who have limited to no exposure to black people to be some beacon for black representation in their works. Usually when they try the results are horrendous.
Imo this isn’t an excuse anymore. These are worldwide products with teams working from around the world.

Plus it’s not like they made a game with a bunch of japanese people.

They purposely chose that white skin to sell the game. None of the characters are actually culturally accurate. They are just all very white.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Imo this isn’t an excuse anymore. These are worldwide products with teams working from around the world.

Plus it’s not like they made a game with a bunch of japanese people.

They purposely chose that white skin to sell the game. None of the characters are actually culturally accurate. They are just all very white.

I’m still not over you defending that racist Russian game :ufdup:

• Haha
Reactions: NZA