Dude states FFXVI sets back gaming 60 years with racism

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So nikkas really don't fukk with Barret or Sazh?

Y'all can't really complain about lack of black characters if you're gonna nitpick the ones we got :hubie:
In a vacuum i think Barret is ok.

As a kid playing through the game, I thought he was kinda cool. Reminded me of one of my uncles or something.

But considering that’s seemingly the ONLY style of character a black male gets to be in lots of games and media think he is problematic. Looking back i can’t think of any brown skinned person in the game other than the big black dude from the hood with big ass guns strapped to his arms:francis:

25 years later, lots of games still running with the same shyt :smh:

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
In a vacuum i think Barret is ok.

As a kid playing through the game, I thought he was kinda cool. Reminded me of one of my uncles or something.

But considering that’s seemingly the ONLY style of character a black male gets to be in lots of games and media think he is problematic. Looking back i can’t think of any brown skinned person in the game other than the big black dude from the hood with big ass guns strapped to his arms:francis:

25 years later, lots of games still running with the same shyt :smh:

We could probably help ourselves with image portrayal around the world(America is a lost cause) if our main cultural export wasn’t rap music. Or more importantly if our rap music wasn’t predominantly about killing each other.

As far as games(entertainment) though ultimately there needs to be more representation on the creative and executive level. Representation in games and movies is a start as it may inspire youth to participate more or become interested in these fields. The companies need to do more out reach though. They all claimed to have these DEI initiatives but who is actually following up and seeing what these programs are doing or are they like my job where we just hired a DEI rep and have quarterly meetings to talk about DEI but don’t actually do anything to improve DEI.