Duck Dynasty: TV pastor points out demonic nature of homosexuality, liberals foam at mouth..

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Who said it was THEE ONLY source? I didnt.

Um... YOU did. Over, and over again.

I don't have to. the fact they are throwing God all in the founding documents should tell you all you need to know. your forefathers morality is derived from BIBLICAL morality. that's all they know. that's the only morality they have ever been taught. so therefore every the laws you see, the constitution your country supposedly lives by is based on that biblical morality.

it doesn't matter if something PRE-dates the bible. YOUR forefathers are using what THEY KNEW. they knew the bible. chuuch, etc. that's all they knew. you only know what you know.

Stop it. :stopitslime:

i will say a l nice portion of it is. but again this goes without saying does it not. you have a bunch of church boys writing it up. sure they are going to make darn sure no one shoots you in the streets for running with your own christian sect or no sect at all(atheist).

Okay sure, I'll give you the fact that some Christian ideals are in alignment with US law ... but none of those ideals are uniquely/purely CHRISTIAN in nature. Laws against murder and theft are not "Christian" principles, at least not only Christian. So I don't know how you can, with a straight face, claim some of these laws had a Christian backing without justifying it, other than saying SOME founders were Christian? How can you both invoke the first amendment, and KNOW the founders wanted to keep religious beliefs seperate from law, and yet argue that these men wanted a Christian basis for those laws? Where in the Bible does it say someone is free to be an atheist?? Where does it say that you can be a Christian and not believe in God?

they just left the oppressor so of course they would be anti oppression when it comes to the legion. i agree with that point. but shoot, you do realize the christian bible if you read it thru and thru isnt forcing people to read it, follow it, etc. now if you dont read it, you dont follow it. of course there are consequences(spiritual) which will also leak into the physical. and we're not just talking about jews. we're talking about gentiles as well. the bible was not a book where you force Jesus on people and say you either get down... or you lay down. thats not how it works.

Of course different people have different interpretations on Christianity, but the bible repeatedly says God is the only god, and belief in Christ are the only way to be on God's good side. You shrug off the consequences like separation from god is some small thing, but if it's anything like what we're traditionally taught, then I don't know how MORE forceful an idea can be. It's like if I held a gun to your child's head, and demanded you give me all your money. Sure, I'm not forcing you, you can still resist, but the consequences are such that it would be insane not to comply.

NOW if by chance you aint getting down and on top of that you have some serious crazy debauchery going on in your city gates. the wrath of God may come upon you.but just not believing in God living your life leaving people alone. you never hear any stories about those types of people being FORCED into christianity form the bible and Jesus agreeing with that approach. its a CHOICE religion. not a robotic religion. He hopes you learn about him and know him well enough to love him enough to roll with him. its never get down or laydown.

I mean, it's really nice that you believe this lovey-dovey form of Christianity, I really mean that. But ... I hope you acknowledge that, one, your beliefs might be wrong. Also, you DO see Christians force their beliefs on others. Sometimes it's as extreme as something we call the Crusades. Other times it's less sinister, with missionaries in third-world countries promising food if you just listen to a sermon first and accept Christ. It's all the same thing, and it's bad for ya.

But my overall point is please stop pretending that choosing whichever religion you'd like is a Christian principle rather than a secular one.

actually thats all of you trying as hard as possible to change the course of history. i know yall WISH those dudes were 100% atheist. yall WISH separate church and state it mean what you think it means. but non of that is true. so again MOVE ALONG. there is no debate. back to the topic at hand.

I don't really care if they were atheists or not. Not all of them were Christian, even though I'm sure you wish that was 100% true. :rudy:

We all understand that separation of church and state is an application of the first amendment. It doesn't have to say exactly those words. Just like the Bible doesn't have so explicitly say "atheists go to hell" to know that is a main tenet of the belief

Last edited:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
lets take it a step further. married men know they are married. yet they still may desire to be with other women. sure its okay to desire to be with those of the opposite sex, biblically speaking. but its not ok to act on your desire to be with another woman that isnt your own wife.

Yall see the pattern here? DESIRE doesnt have to be acted on.anyone telling you different is a liar. will it be hard?YEP. is it doable?YEP. will you ever lose the sensation/desire to do those bad things above? maybe...maybe not. that still doesnt exempt you from not acting on your desires.

This is the key thing you're missing... read closely:

You're married right? Let's say your wife found out you were sexaully attracted to a female a co-worker. You didn't do anything physical with this person, you just had an attraction. Do you think it would affect her in any way emotionally? Do you think it might upset her, or negatively impact her self-esteem, or start to reevaluate the level at which she trusts you? If it's anything like my past relationships, the answer is yes ... even if she doesn't show it much outwardly. The point is, there is a tangible negative impact that your desires have on another person, that can also ultimately cause you strife in the future.

Now, I don't think there is anything like that for two people of the same gender who desire each other. This is why one is "okay" and the other is not.

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension
Gary Levin, USA TODAY5:53 p.m. EST December 27, 2013
Phil Robertson will film new episodes of A&E hit series
440TWEET 114COMMENTEMAILMORE
A&E has ducked away from a controversy surrounding the stars of its hugely popular reality series Duck Dynasty.

The network issued a statement late Friday backing off from its previously announced suspension of Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the clan behind the successful Louisiana-based Duck Commanderduck-calling business. The suspension was triggered by Robertson's interview with GQ, published last week, in which he made anti-gay statements, which he said reflected his religious beliefs.

The interview sparked protests from human-rights groups, and led to A&E's quick decision to suspend Robertson from future episodes. But that action also triggered a backlash from some Dynasty fans, who tried to organize a boycott of the network -- and Robertson's own family, which suggested it would not be willing to keep filming the series without him.

In a statement, the network cited its "core values" of "inclusion and mutual respect" to explain why "we reacted so quickly and strongly." "While Phil's comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the 'coarse language' he used and the misinterpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would 'never incite or encourage hate.' We at A+E Networksexpressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold."

The statement then offered some wiggle room: "But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness," the statement said. "After discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filmingDuck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family."

An already completed 10-episode season will begin airing Jan. 15, with all of the Robertsons featured. The new episodes, scheduled to be shot this spring, will air later next year. Duck is the No. 2 series on cable TV, behind The Walking Dead, and ranks among the top 30 of all TV shows with an average of 13

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/12/27/duck-dynasty-ae-phil-robertson-controversy/4224507/

:shaq:

Midrash

All Star
Daps
This redneck is untouchable because he makes A&E so much money. This dude can literally get on TV screaming "Fukk all you nikkers!!! This is OUR country! The st0rmfr0nt is coming!" and no one will blink so much as one eyelash.

The love of money is the root of all evil. :banderas:

CACtain Planet

The Power is YOURS!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
CACness Aberdeen
This redneck is untouchable because he makes A&E so much money. This dude can literally get on TV screaming "Fukk all you nikkers!!! This is OUR country! The st0rmfr0nt is coming!" and no one will blink so much as one eyelash.

The love of money is the root of all evil. :banderas:

in all honesty he never should have been suspended in the first place

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
A&E has ducked away from a controversy surrounding the stars of its hugely popular reality series Duck Dynasty.

The network issued a statement late Friday backing off from its previously announced suspension of Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the clan behind the successful Louisiana-based Duck Commanderduck-calling business. The suspension was triggered by Robertson's interview with GQ, published last week, in which he made anti-gay statements, which he said reflected his religious beliefs.

The interview sparked protests from human-rights groups, and led to A&E's quick decision to suspend Robertson from future episodes. But that action also triggered a backlash from some Dynasty fans, who tried to organize a boycott of the network -- and Robertson's own family, which suggested it would not be willing to keep filming the series without him.

In a statement, the network cited its "core values" of "inclusion and mutual respect" to explain why "we reacted so quickly and strongly." "While Phil's comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the 'coarse language' he used and the misinterpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would 'never incite or encourage hate.' We at A+E Networksexpressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold."

The statement then offered some wiggle room: "But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness," the statement said. "After discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filmingDuck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family."

An already completed 10-episode season will begin airing Jan. 15, with all of the Robertsons featured. The new episodes, scheduled to be shot this spring, will air later next year. Duck is the No. 2 series on cable TV, behind The Walking Dead, and ranks among the top 30 of all TV shows with an average of 13

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/12/27/duck-dynasty-ae-phil-robertson-controversy/4224507/

They bout to :eat: real good off this...

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i've never caught a single second of that show but i'm happy that the family never backed down from glaad. it's about time those motherfukkers start getting put in their place. i've seen gay people whine about an employer and falsely make accusations about them to get them fired.
they'll believe damn near anything they say just to appease them. i think glaad just fukked themselves with this one:dead:i hope it puts a huge dent in their whole "trying to make america gay" campaign too. everyday it's something else i see trying to get people to accept this shiit. if you don't like it, then you don't have to. i could really careless what they do behind closed doors and i don't want anyone hurt or killed over it, but the pushing of it really needs to stop.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

ratings. TV network dont give a fukk about political correctness as long as it doesn't fukk up their money.

It is somewhat different though. Greys anatomy wasn't dependent on dude. They could easily sacrifice him for brownie points. And Isaiah called somebody a fakkit though, way different from this situation.

Midrash

All Star
Daps
I like how this fake ass redneck tried to sweep that Jim Crow BS under the rug like We-NENO.
stopit.png

Then all of these c00ns came to Robertson's defense while our ancestors were rolling in the grave off this shyt seeing black people defending this crazy ass CAC's comments after our people were lynched for exercising their first amendment under Jim Crow.
why.png

Meanwhile Isaiah Washington got his whole career derailed and these same nikkas didn't even make a PEEP.
4p2p.png