Duck Dynasty: TV pastor points out demonic nature of homosexuality, liberals foam at mouth..

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Without marriage, their have no way of being eligible for certain tax modifications, inheritance, insurance policies, etc. Those are the economic inequalities I'm referring to.
"Unequal" isnt the word. No American has the right to marry some one of the same sex and every American has the right to marry some one of the opposite sex.

Some how they have managed to make marrying "the person you love" a right... when it never was and isnt. No one has an actual right that some one else doesnt...

Thats said, I support gay marriage.:smugbiden:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
"Unequal" isnt the word. No American has the right to marry some one of the same sex and every American has the right to marry some one of the opposite sex.

Some how they have managed to make marrying "the person you love" a right... when it never was and isnt. No one has an actual right that some one else doesnt...

Thats said, I support gay marriage.:smugbiden:

Unequal is exactly the word, unless you want to talk about abstractions with no concrete reality.

If I made a law that said no Americans have the right to wear a Star of David, speak Hebrew, or read the Torah, how do you think people would respond if I said it was not unfair to Jews because no one could do any of those things, not just people who claim Jewish identity, and that it shouldn't be called unequal because of that? It would rightly be called ridiculous.

And that's exactly the structure of laws that were enacted in Nazi Germany, by the way... they were universal bans. Do you think they were technically fair and egalitarian laws?

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Unequal is exactly the word, unless you want to talk about abstractions with no concrete reality.

If I made a law that said no Americans have the right to wear a Star of David, speak Hebrew, or read the Torah, how do you think people would respond if I said it was not unfair to Jews because no one could do any of those things, not just people who claim Jewish identity, and that it shouldn't be called unequal because of that? It would rightly be called ridiculous.

And that's exactly the structure of laws that were enacted in Nazi Germany, by the way... they were universal bans. Do you think they were technically fair and egalitarian laws?
Gays are not missing out on a right that everyone else has. No one can marry the same gender, and everyone can marry the opposite gender.

What you are doing... or at least what you did above was take a behavior/sexual orientation, and place it in the same boat with ethnicity.:wtf:
I dont see the two as anywhere remotely close to one another, so I doubt we will find common ground.

Again, I support gay marriage :whoa: I just think some of the arguments thrown around are silly.

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
It's amazing to me how liberals are obsessed with shutting down and silencing any opposing type of viewpoint.

I can't imagine becoming outraged and trying to censor somebody simply because I don't agree with them.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Gays are not missing out on a right that everyone else has. No one can marry the same gender, and everyone can marry the opposite gender.

What you are doing... or at least what you did above was take a behavior/sexual orientation, and place it in the same boat with ethnicity.:wtf:
I dont see the two as anywhere remotely close to one another, so I doubt we will find common ground.

Again, I support gay marriage :whoa: I just think some of the arguments thrown around are silly.

Substitute it with whatever you see fit- the point is that the structure you're defending is exactly the same used in places like Nazi Germany to deny minorities things, except you see them as fair and equal.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
It's amazing to me how liberals are obsessed with shutting down and silencing any opposing type of viewpoint.

I can't imagine becoming outraged and trying to censor somebody simply because I don't agree with them.
Joseph-McCarthy-9390801-1-402.jpg

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm happy to see the OP getting shytted on by so many people. It's good that many are learning what I have known, that he and the rest of his conservative ilk have trash opinions and personas that belong in the bushes.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Substitute it with whatever you see fit- the point is that the structure you're defending is exactly the same used in places like Nazi Germany to deny minorities things, except you see them as fair and equal.
No I dont see ethnicity and behavior as the same. I'd love to hear the argument for them being the same thing.:ld:

Further, the Nazi's persecuted pedo's and those who engaged in other "unsavory/unnatural" behavior. Do you feel the same across the board or just for gays?

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Yo, can we have a HL pact to stop using outlandish thread titles, I had no idea this was duck-dynasty related...it just helps us mod, if another thread like this popped up, I wouldn't know to merge them .

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I'm happy to see the OP getting shytted on by so many people. It's good that many are learning what I have known, that he and the rest of his conservative ilk have trash opinions and personas that belong in the bushes.
:camby:

Trust me, feel free to marry who you want friend. You'll get no resistance from me.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL @ this "it's in the Bible" argument.

That's what ignorant, hateful Christians always run back to in order to hide their hate. Been like that for centuries.

Yup, let's be real here.

People should be allowed to think segregation is wrong for religious reasons. People should be allowed to think slavery is justified because of religious reasons. People should be allowed to blame modern Jews for the death of Jesus for religious reasons.

People should be allowed to think whatever they want.

People shouldn't think that there aren't consequences for what they believe though because there are.

Everything you mentioned has to do with the mistreatment of others, or something that is factually incorrect.

Bullying people for having a religious belief that a deviant act is wrong.... is simply wrong.

2. How is it unreasonable or intolerant for me to take offense at such statements?

To be honest, my post here was motivated by the fact that he would get just as much heat regardless.

Many? Perhaps, but not most, not anywhere near the majority.

The rest sit back and eat popcorn. How many people do anything about it?

How is it a fallacy? They're both broad devaluations of people due to traits they can't control that don't hurt anyone. Furthermore, gays have been targeted in all manner of ways, from the Holocaust (yeah, some people forget about that one) to economic discrimination (gays are much more likely to be poor, to not be hired, etc, than the average straight person,) so they constitute a proper, disadvantaged minority in many places, the US included.

It is fallacious because of the reason for the discrimination.

If you are racist you will discriminate against someone based on their origin. If you are a homophobe you discriminate against someone based on an action that you find disgusting.

If you're going to do something that people find disgusting (even if you enjoy it), you shouldn't be shocked and appalled when people don't want to be around you. If I knew my neighbor sat home and masterbated 14X a day to pictures of Susan Boyle (the extreme example is intentional), then guess what.... I would avoid my neighbor, and I would probably not want to hire him to work for me. Fukking disgusting. Does he have the right? Sure. Does avoiding the dude make me similar to a racist? Hell no.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
So, Liberals have stooped to paralleling ethnic discrimination to discrimination based on 'supposed' disgusting acts/behavior.

Those who don't see things their way are shamed by being labelled bigots.

Okay.

:patrice:

Last edited:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
no link... just assumption.

i work in a series of large buildings... most of the black dudes are gay as fukk. black women are around, but not many str8 black men.

many posters in tlr claim they observe the same. Especially companies that are in retail or financial services.

There aren't stats on it, but the assumption is made because gays are a tiny fraction so if u see many then you equate that with over-representation. Combine that with black group dynamics of the black women block and hold in corp america - hiring women... and 'friends' but not black men. only 4.6% of blacks r gay in america.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Everything you mentioned has to do with the mistreatment of others, or something that is factually incorrect.

Bullying people for having a religious belief that a deviant act is wrong.... is simply wrong.

We live in a secular society. Our laws are supposed to be based on secular reasoning. When you use the bible as a means to justify laws and policy that discriminates consenting adults you are MISTREATING THEM. By the very definition of the word mistreat.

treat (a person or animal) badly, cruelly, or unfairly

Here is what the law states:

1:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

14:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Your religious feelings shouldn't matter in a secular society.

So, Liberals have stooped to paralleling ethnic discrimination to discrimination based on 'supposed' disgusting acts/behavior.

Those who don't see things their way are shamed by being labelled bigots.

Okay.

:patrice:

The only parallel is the excuses and reasons the ones discriminating give. There is a very real parallel there. I can pull up countless examples if you wish.