Duck Dynasty: TV pastor points out demonic nature of homosexuality, liberals foam at mouth..

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Not exactly synonyms in the sense you mean. 'Toebah' refers to abominations that are against the Creator's will, i.e., 'sins'. 'Shekets', on the other hand, refers to things that would defile Hebrews and make them 'unclean' for ceremonies since they were supposed to be 'holy'. Defilement of 'holy' things renders them 'profane' which can be absolved through rituals while committing a 'sin' can only be absolved through 'grace'. The best way to look at them would be in degrees of loathing with 'toebah' being the absolute worst and 'shekets' being bad, but correctable.​

Shellfish AREN'T classified along with homosexuality, shedding innocent blood, etc., as shown by reading the text in Hebrew. This makes the text internally consistent and it seems atheists/anti-theists don't read Hebrew in order to make that distinction so, therefore, think they are equivalent.

Most Christians don't even bother with the OT since they believe most of it doesn't apply to them anyway and they'd be correct in this case, although it's through ignorance rather than textual criticism.​

Yeah, now you're just bullshytting.

Now you're gonna tell me the bible doesn't prescribe how to manage slaves.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:pacspit:
Couldn't help it that the gay liberal crusaders decided to tag team me in an attempt to troll the thread to oblivion. Gladly, quality posters stepped in to engender quality debate.

I'm actually proud of Higher learning for a change.
who said I'm a gay liberal crusader?

you just say dumb shyt and wanna again talk about "free speech" as if talking shyt about coworkers AND your customers (audience) is a reason for your employer continuing to employ you.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Napoleon said:
Yeah, now you're just bullshytting.

The text actually proves what I'm saying is true:

Leviticus 20:13

וְאִ֗ישׁ אֲשֶׁ֨ר יִשְׁכַּ֤ב אֶת־זָכָר֙ מִשְׁכְּבֵ֣י אִשָּׁ֔ה תֹּועֵבָ֥ה עָשׂ֖וּ שְׁנֵיהֶ֑ם מֹ֥ות יוּמָ֖תוּ דְּמֵיהֶ֥ם בָּֽם

From right-to-left.....

and a man - if - lies - with - mankind - as those who lie - with a woman - an abomination - have committed - both - they shall surely - be put to death - their blood - [is] on them

There is NO equivalent punishment for eating shellfish, therefore, they are NOT equivalent transgressions.

Keep using very old atheist talking-points that have been demolished because you haven't read what the text actually states, brehs.

Last edited:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:russ: @ Duck Dynasty sparking this conversation.

Good arguments on both sides though....:ehh:

I agree, it's sad that what should basically be a minor story has ended up becoming emblematic for this whole conversation. Liberals are getting way too mad (especially about the gay comments) while the Repubs/Fox News are in full faux-outrage mode, pretending like his network legally putting him on the bench is some grand injustice against free speech (while they simultaneously crusade against free speech in other areas.)

At the end of the day, though, hopefully people at least learn more about these issues from it.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
They're "playing" dumb here. They conveniently invoke an aggressively vocal 'I support _____, because I support free speech' position, as an indirect endorsement of specific racial and bigoted hate speech. Perhaps I am being a bit too generous here, but I would like to think that they know a 1st amendment argument, with respect to the decision-making of private enterprise, is not only completely inappropriate, but constitutionally illiterate... this is just a passive aggressive bigotry fueled game to them.

For further reference, its no coincidence that right wing sht heads were conspicuously quiet during the Martin Bashir flap a few weeks ago, where he was all but fired for his countering of Palin's slavery remarks. You'll Google until your hands fall off, trying to find all the impassioned right wing cries of free speech in defense of Bahir and his right to sustain employment.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Anyone who has a job....if you went to work and started saying ignorant shyt out loud about gay people, black people, Jews, etc in front of clients, customers, managers, etc...you'd get fired. Even if you tried to defend it on religious grounds it wouldn't matter. That's reality.

These people aren't dumb enough not to know this. In fact, the very people promoting this nonsense work in television and radio media - anyone think they don't know about contracts that can be terminated if you say ignorant shyt? Yall think Sean Hannity isn't familiar with that? He knows exactly why Phil got canned, and would likely get suspended if he made similar comments. This is all a passive aggressive game for bigots to sit around and hand wring over losing the ability to denigrate those they hate without consequence.

sums it up

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I don't see the connection... in that clip, a gay dude who is being inappropriately explicit and annoying is sonned by a gay dude who isn't. In real life, some gays and liberals got mad that a Conservative Christian compared them to thieves, murderers, and goatfukkers.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't see the connection... in that clip, a gay dude who is being inappropriately explicit and annoying is sonned by a gay dude who isn't. In real life, some gays and liberals got mad that a Conservative Christian compared them to thieves, murderers, and goatfukkers.

i just thought the video was funny.

Plus it's funny when liberals act like gays are oppressed.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i just thought the video was funny.

Plus it's funny when liberals act like gays are oppressed.

They don't have the same economic rights as straight people on a national level, they get discriminated against in the job market, the housing market, and healthcare. That's enough for me to consider them an oppressed group.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
They don't have the same economic rights as straight people on a national level, they get discriminated against in the job market, the housing market, and healthcare. That's enough for me to consider them an oppressed group.
They are barely discriminated against in the job market...and not more than any other group who isn't white men. Plus gay black men are more represented than str8 black men in corp environments.

On a federal level... who cares what gays think?... If they wanted health rights, death rights, tax etc.... they would increase the scope of civil unions and fight the easy fight. That's y that video is appropriate. They mainly want acceptance NOT rights. That's y they have the struggle because acceptance isn't a legal issue. Most humans will never be supportive of sexual mental defects or gay lifestyles... it's just what it is.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
who said I'm a gay liberal crusader?

you just say dumb shyt and wanna again talk about "free speech" as if talking shyt about coworkers AND your customers (audience) is a reason for your employer continuing to employ you.

So essentially in your world a public figure can't say anything that could be possibly offensive to anyone within earshot, either immediately in the perpetrators vicinity or on the world wide web, at risk of losing his or her livelihood.

Got it.

It appears the liberal paradise isn't so liberal or progressive afterall.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So essentially in your world a public figure can't say anything that could be possibly offensive to anyone within earshot, either immediately in the perpetrators vicinity or on the world wide web, at risk of losing his or her livelihood.

Got it.

It appears the liberal paradise isn't so liberal or progressive afterall.

Yep. Too bad.

He said it to a major publication and thought we wanted to hear it.

He can repeat all that shyt he wants on sundays when he's at church since he's got some free time on his hands.

They dont' HAVE to employ you.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Without marriage, they have no way of being eligible for certain tax modifications, inheritance, insurance policies, etc. Those are the economic inequalities I'm referring to. Straight couples have the ability to be eligible for those and incorporate those important capacities into their life plans. Taxes, insurance, and inheritance, to use just three examples, aren't insignificant.