Dualsense Edge announced

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
finally got it almost a month later…I like how it feels…the razer wolverine v2 pro didn’t feel good at all in my hand even tho it has the asymmetrical stick layout but the victrix pro bfg feels a lot more like the xbox controller the way it fits/feels in my hand…I wish it was slightly heftier to match the weighty feel of the elite series controllers tho…the quality is much better than I anticipated…I saw a recent unboxing…the reviewer liked the controller but he lamented on how cheap it actually looked/felt out the box so I was concerned about that…the materials they used could be a bit more premium considering the cost but the quality isn’t bad at all tho

gonna test it out and try a couple games…my other concern is if it’s gonna be weird playing games and not having any rumble whatsoever…I can’t remember the last time I had a controller that didn’t have the rumble feature

*edit*

held this next to an xbox controller and they’re virtually the same size/design…only thing is the trigger buttons on the victrix are wider…also the thumbsticks’ surfaces and the action buttons are noticeably smaller

I’m sticking with the dualsense…there’s just simply no replacing it bcuz of all the features it offers…I tested the victrix playing sifu and I don’t like the location of the paddles…even tho I can set it so that they don’t do anything, it’s still weird being able to feel them as I play…also I’m somewhat rough with the controller especially with a fast-paced game like sifu…I felt at times like I could break part of the controller if I wanted to…the review that I saw did make mention of that as well…lastly I’m way too accustomed to rumble/haptic feedback…I didn’t like playing without it

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wanna try out the edge but the shyt is sold out…supposedly it’ll hit other retail stores late next week tho…wouldn’t mind getting one from amazon and returning it if I don’t like it

*edit*

ordered one…went to PS direct and did a search for it and got an option that allowed me to add it to the cart and check it out…got a confirmation email…might be a glitch in the site cuz if you try to buy it directly it says temporarily unavailable…I’ll keep my fingers crossed that they actually ship it out

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony selling ice to eskimos out here :whew:

I just wanna try it out…I’ll return it if I don’t like it

but I am a spendthrift/do a lot of impulse buying when it comes to video games/electronics so it wasn’t really a hard sale…the battery life is my biggest gripe, otherwise I would’ve preordered it

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just wanna try it out…I’ll return it if I don’t like it

but I am a spendthrift/do a lot of impulse buying when it comes to video games/electronics so it wasn’t really a hard sale…the battery life is my biggest gripe, otherwise I would’ve preordered it

I’m just surprised its sold out in general

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m just surprised its sold out in general

same…might be a site glitch tho…it’s weird

710-EE40-D-BC18-4-A92-80-CE-9-EFF2-E1-F12-E7.png

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
breh says the dualsense edge is better than the xbox elite controller 2 :ehh: :mjgrin:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
The main selling point of this controller is the magnetic sticks and modular replacement.

The magnetic sticks is a game changer for dead zones and perfect center 0 as well replacement options without buying a new controller because your potentiometers wore out.

• Dap
Reactions: s@n

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just arrived…feels great in hand…it reminds me of the difference between the regular xbox controller vs the elite series in that it has a nice little extra heftiness to it…I like the rubber grips but I wish they made the entire white portion of the back like that instead of just the areas where the tip of your fingers rest…but it’s enough to provide more grip than the regular dualsense…I bought two to account for the short battery life…crazy that I initially dismissed this in favor of the razer and victrix pro controllers but ultimately those didn’t feel right so I ended up with this…still feel it’s a little too expensive but fukk it…I game more on my xbox than PS5 bcuz of how comfortable the xbox controller is for me…now that I plan to game primarily on the PS5 I really wanted a controller that I would feel comfortable gaming on for long periods…and the slight physical improvements do provide that in addition to some of the other features that’ll come in handy at some point

*edit*

the half-moon “paddles” feel great

Last edited:

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Managed to get another one from Amazon for half price :banderas: my guess is just the packaging is damaged so they had to sell it as used.