Dualsense Edge announced

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s really only worth it if you play FPS or games where you can really take advantage of the paddles. Otherwise it’s overkill for a controller with less battery life than the regular DualSense

I’ll only ever use mine for Destiny and other shooters because I’m so used to having my jump and crouch buttons on the paddles that playing shooters without them feels like a nerf at this point

I’m on my 3rd drift, being able to replace the sticks alone would help a lot. You’ll see, the regular controllers analog sticks are trash

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It’s really only worth it if you play FPS or games where you can really take advantage of the paddles. Otherwise it’s overkill for a controller with less battery life than the regular DualSense

I’ll only ever use mine for Destiny and other shooters because I’m so used to having my jump and crouch buttons on the paddles that playing shooters without them feels like a nerf at this point
I'm still playing my FPS xbox. Don't see the need to switch. Elite 2 controller just works better for FPS.

That said, I've used the paddles in GOW, Miles Morales, and Sifu pretty frequently. I'm also accustomed to never clicking the thumbs ticks since they've been assigned to paddles for me since elite 1.

Gizzard a stan though, so he should just buy it because it's almost certainly more useful than PSVR2 :lolbron:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You should wait until v2. I feel like you play long sessions :manny:

ya I bought 2 to compensate for the poor battery life (they fit on the dualsense charger)…that being said I know that’s not really the best solution given the damn price

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
ya I bought 2 to compensate for the poor battery life (they fit on the dualsense charger)…that being said I know that’s not really the best solution given the damn price
Tbh it’s an issue with PlayStation controllers in general. I’m not sure why they don’t just increase the battery size. It’s not like the batteries in the Xbox are huge.

That said, I don’t expect Sony to change just like they won’t ditch cfexpress type A memory cards in their camera when cfexpress type b is used in damn near every other system and cost substantially less.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Dell.com is currently offering $75 gift card for buying Dualsense Edge​

www.dell.com

slivYda.png

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

Dell.com is currently offering $75 gift card for buying Dualsense Edge​

www.dell.com

slivYda.png
This is very tempting if I can turn that $75 into cash somehow

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Copped one of these not too long ago.
Honestly surprised with how great it is for FPS games.
I play Warzone quite a bit and being able to reduce the throw on the triggers as well as having the paddles has been a significant improvement.
The customizable s curves for each stick is incredible as well.
It seems (i did to me before owning one) minor on the surface but it really is a very well thought out peripheral.
I'd still say the price is in the territory of beating you over the head. I can see it more in the $125 price point just because at the end of the day, it's just a controller, but in any case I'm very happy with the purchase.
It terms of battery life, it's incredibly rare for me to game 4+ hours at a time. It's been a habit since the PS3 days to put the controller back on the charger when I'm done playing so it's not a complaint that necessarily applies to me.