Drunk OG goes on rant. Says a real man should pay ALL the bills! EDIT- brehs family is in shambles

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That's probably why. I live in NYC. Different standard of living. It's all about the amenities and industry.

Same in DC. It always trips me out when people say how can x amount of money not be livable for so and so. Everyone doesn't live where you live. 83K can provide a great life in some cities and mean damn poverty in others.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Seems to me like there’s been a HUGE uptick in this particular conversation lately.

There’s no “one size fits all” answer to this type of question. SOME women want to be on their independent woman steeze. Work, make their own coin, build their own career, etc. And that’s completely fine. But I find it absolutely CRAZY that a working woman in 2021 whose ACTIVE and sees the daily grind that a career puts a person through could look at her husband and say “His money is my money and MY money is my money”. Thats completely insane.

On the flip side there are SOME women who want to live more traditionally and be stay at home spouses while the man works and pays all the bills. And thats fine too. But again, in 2021 with rising costs of everything, putting the financial burden on the man and not wanting to cook, clean, and provide an overall pleasant home experience for the husband is just as asinine.

Its the sense of entitlement that it seems a subset of women display that is turning men off. Acting like simply because you have a vagina to offer makes you immune from actually putting in some form of actual CONTRIBUTION once you get married is sick. I’d actually equate it to a mental illness.

I completely understand that the society we live in hasn’t historically been fair to women. Women have had to fight for the right to vote. The right to work. Hell they even have to fight for the right to have autonomy over their own goddamn bodies if they want an abortion. Women are paid less than men on average for jobs that both sexes can equally perform. We have a LOT of work to do to get to the point where our society is truly equal.

But SOME women don’t do themselves any favors by demanding that men “take care” of everything whilst they contribute the bare minimum. And SOME men who loudly boast about providing everything are in turn doing themselves a disservice because the very women their killing themselves to provide for don’t have a single ounce of appreciation for what their man goes through to provide that lifestyle.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Same in DC. It always trips me out when people say how can x amount of money not be livable for so and so. Everyone doesn't live where you live. 83K can provide a great life in some cities and mean damn poverty in others.

True but getting 83K salary in those lower cost cities is not as easy as you would get one in DC. I allied to jobs in DC before and literally 90% of the jobs were high salaries. I didn’t experience the same thing in Pittsburgh PA or Raleigh, NC

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
there is no right answer to this as marriage isnt a civil institution but a spiritual one

if you are not married before god, you simply arent married.

IMO this is why so many relationships fail is because of lack of mutual belief

what is a "vow" worth if you cannot vow yourself to anything but yourself :jbhmm:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
there is no right answer to this as marriage isnt a civil institution but a spiritual one

if you are not married before god, you simply arent married.

IMO this is why so many relationships fail is because of lack of mutual belief

what is a "vow" worth if you cannot vow yourself to anything but yourself :jbhmm:
Thank the government for that.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Rhyse

Pro
Daps
Seems to me like there’s been a HUGE uptick in this particular conversation lately.

There’s no “one size fits all” answer to this type of question. SOME women want to be on their independent woman steeze. Work, make their own coin, build their own career, etc. And that’s completely fine. But I find it absolutely CRAZY that a working woman in 2021 whose ACTIVE and sees the daily grind that a career puts a person through could look at her husband and say “His money is my money and MY money is my money”. Thats completely insane.

On the flip side there are SOME women who want to live more traditionally and be stay at home spouses while the man works and pays all the bills. And thats fine too. But again, in 2021 with rising costs of everything, putting the financial burden on the man and not wanting to cook, clean, and provide an overall pleasant home experience for the husband is just as asinine.

Its the sense of entitlement that it seems a subset of women display that is turning men off. Acting like simply because you have a vagina to offer makes you immune from actually putting in some form of actual CONTRIBUTION once you get married is sick. I’d actually equate it to a mental illness.

I completely understand that the society we live in hasn’t historically been fair to women. Women have had to fight for the right to vote. The right to work. Hell they even have to fight for the right to have autonomy over their own goddamn bodies if they want an abortion. Women are paid less than men on average for jobs that both sexes can equally perform. We have a LOT of work to do to get to the point where our society is truly equal.

But SOME women don’t do themselves any favors by demanding that men “take care” of everything whilst they contribute the bare minimum. And SOME men who loudly boast about providing everything are in turn doing themselves a disservice because the very women their killing themselves to provide for don’t have a single ounce of appreciation for what their man goes through to provide that lifestyle.

I agree with so much of what you said. I’m more of a hybrid. I want a man that can provide it all but at the same time I don’t expect him to. I’m a high earner as a woman and still underpaid at my current company. I have realized I don’t want to work in the traditional sense anymore. I want to make money but not in corporate. So I want a man that’s ok with that. I’m not lazy and have always had side hustles. So I’m never going to be a do nothing spoil me all day chick. But I want the luxury of being able to go home and tell my husband look this job is not making me happy. And he be able to say fukk that job. Don’t go back. Do something else. But I’m also never going to put myself in a position to be totally dependent on a man. I’ll always have something to fall back on. And because of that I’ll never be a step and fetch bish either. Everything will operate from respect. But I’m naturally not attracted to weak men.

I believe in prenups. What’s yours is mine and all that WHILE WE’RE TOGETHER. Before and after is excluded. I’ve said this before men date and marry for the physical and the applause of the men around them. So you can’t blame the woman when you knew she was out of your league or only with you for the money and then expects you to keep that tricking up. You gotta pay the cost to be the boss if that’s what you brought home. You knew what it was and so does the woman.