'Draymond's the greatest defender in NBA history' - ex-NBA player who played with Bill Russell

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Dray is a talented defender. But if we going by the eye test, their first 2 finals, it seemed like Bogut was an important factor defensively in the finals too. Well actually in 2015 they benched him for David Lee for offensive purposes.

Anyway, when Draymond was suspended for game 5 last season, people still believed Warriors would close it out at Oracle.

After Bogut got injured in game 5 and Cavs won, people dared to believe "oh shyt the Cavs might actually come back from 3-1 now".

Not saying Bogut is the better defender, but him going down game 5 was huge. But I guess it depends if you're talking every game or just the playoffs/finals. Dray clearly is the more talented player.
i never thought this at all. Boguts weak ass let's TT push him around

bucks3115

Superstar
Daps
this is the only site where they talk so much abt this draymond green
cant even score 20 pts
i believe is goin to win dpoy this time

but come on son
full

Daps
is the guy exaggerating? yes

but is Draymond one of the best defenders ever and better than Kwahi? yes

@Gil Scott-Heroin been providing proof while the rest of ya'll have made no attempt to put together a valid argument to suggest otherwise.:yeshrug:

I didnt realize "The Warriors announcer says Draymond could shut down Kareem and I agree" required a counterpoint other than a chuckle and shake of the head.
lmao you kept it real

I didnt think this thread merited 16 pages because the shyt is preposterous
How is that keeping it "real"? He NEVER addressed anything I said in here, he took the road of least resistance by referencing the in-joke. I've still yet to see anybody counter my argument in this thread.

Last edited:
Daps
good point :ehh:
That shyt is far from a good point. Have you not been paying attention to anything that's been said in this thread? Who are the big men throughout NBA history who you believe could guard 1-5, and did they ever guard PGs for an entire game?

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That shyt is far from a good point. Have you not been paying attention to anything that's been said in this thread? Who are the big men throughout NBA history who you believe could guard 1-5, and did they ever guard PGs for an entire game?

It's the thing with the Magic Johnson could play center hyperbole to me. He only started that game and did it for 5 minutes. Likewise, Draymond isnt shutting down PGs ala Lebron on Rose.

I still think Draymond is on the tier below the KGs, Rodman's and Ben Wallace's, which still means he's great - just not GOAT level.

And to answer your question no big has ever done that (because it would be monumentally stupid). I don't think that's what homie was implying...I hope not anyway :francis:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
What are the defensive masterpieces in a playoff series that Draymond has to hang his rep on as the best defender in nba history?

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
That's the point. You cannot have it both ways. Either he can cover four positions or he cant. You cant give him this credit to have unbelievable ability to cover all positions and then say he is not supposed to cover guards and wings because he is a big man. By overatting his defensive abilities, you have brought on these questions.

Draymond is made to defend pick and pop stretch 4s and his value has increased as more teams have focused on floor spacing bigs. Draymond is a small ball four who has the ability to switch onto guards on pick and rolls and cover "face up" PFs and Centers on the block. On top of that, Draymond is a great help and team defender. However, he is slow footed to the point that he is food on the perimeter against quick, shifty guards and wings. Draymond also cannot cover wings or bigs with above average post moves due to his lack of size. This is why he cannot cover Bron, Kawhi, Boogie, Whiteside etc.