'Draymond's the greatest defender in NBA history' - ex-NBA player who played with Bill Russell

Daps
Yeah @Jplaya2023, I'm not going to be answering any more of your posts bro, since you believe Rodman is better than Draymond, yet you're holding Draymond to a completely different standard -
Well people have already claimed he was better than rodman whos a hof.... So.....

:laff:
You can admit now that Draymond is a better player than Rodman ever was and we can continue this discussion. Speak now or forever hold your peace. :mjgrin:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You overrate Dennis all the time, anytime there's a thread about greatest defenders ever you put his name up there, yet only playing one side of the ball doesn't seem to matter when it's Rodman being talked about.

You can't have it both ways, you can't sit around and talk about Green's offense when you don't do the same for Rodman. And yes, Green would make several other teams title contenders because having an elite defensive PF that can also run the offense is basically a 1 player deal in the league.

Rodman is one of the best defenders of all time. I never said he was one of the greatest players. No one called rodman top 15-20 when he played, but people do that for green all the time. Look at the thread(s) chicago is making, you have people rating him over kevin love and LMA. That's the overrating of green on this board. Green is just the perfect fit for GS. He's a great passer but passing to steph and klay is a lot different then passing to players who cannot shoot like those 2.

Daps
He's a great passer but passing to steph and klay is a lot different then passing to players who cannot shoot like those 2.
Funnily enough, Draymond actually averages more assists when Curry isn't playing (8-9 games without him last season - which included a series win over the Rockets). Go figure. Now I'm back to not answering any of your posts. :troll:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah @Jplaya2023, I'm not going to be answering any more of your posts bro, since you believe Rodman is better than Draymond, yet you're holding Draymond to a completely different standard -

You can admit now that Draymond is a better player than Rodman ever was and we can continue this discussion. Speak now or forever hold your peace. :mjgrin:

I'm not holding green to any different standard. I'm not the one saying he would lock down all time greats I.E (block kareem's hook) or any other ridiculous feats that he could or could not do on the court)

Green and Rodman are similiar type players with greeen obviously being the better shooter, and is asked to do more offensively with the basketball. You think if green were on the pistons he would have the ball as much as he does now? You have to understand the pistons had lambieer in the high post with the basketball while rodman was around the basket trying to grab rebounds. Green wasn't a better shooter than lambieer so he would ask to be like rodman. But green wasn't a dominant rebounder like dennis was.

Daps
I'm not holding green to any different standard. I'm not the one saying he would lock down all time greats I.E (block kareem's hook) or any other ridiculous feats that he could or could not do on the court).
You do realize that NOBODY actually said or believes that right? :francis:
Green and Rodman are similiar type players with greeen obviously being the better shooter, and is asked to do more offensively with the basketball. You think if green were on the pistons he would have the ball as much as he does now? You have to understand the pistons had lambieer in the high post with the basketball while rodman was around the basket trying to grab rebounds. Green wasn't a better shooter than lambieer so he would ask to be like rodman. But green wasn't a dominant rebounder like dennis was.
Still waiting for you to admit Draymond is the better player. :mjgrin:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You do realize that NOBODY actually said or believes that right? :francis:

Still waiting for you to admit Draymond is the better player. :mjgrin:

their comparable. green is asked to do more offensively (because of the system) rodman is a better defender and rebounder.

If green wins 2 or 3 more chips with GS (which he will by the way) while maintaing his play, he will likely end up in the HOF someday. That's about as high of praise as you can get.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
yall coli nikkas so weird.

instead of coming in here with a counter-argument, ya'll come with one line rebuttals. abnd "fukk his opinion, he a cac":mjlol:

Robbo

All Star
Daps
People that hate Draymond aren't going to change their opinion of him as a player. It will be easy to point to him as a guy that benefits from the players that surround him. But if you watch him on a regular basis, and look at your own team, ask if your power forward does the things that he does.

This is still hyperbole from Barnett though. He wouldn't say that about Draymond if he wasn't a Warrior. He would give him his credit for being a great defensive player, but he wouldn't say he's the greatest. Doesn't matter anyway, that type of thing isn't settled until a guys career is over.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Draymond isn't the best defensive player ever but he's at minimum on the tier below the recent greats like KG, Rodman, Wallace, Howard, and Kawhi.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
and I know some of yall are the same ones that agreed with me when I said Klay's defense has been overrated for a while. Warriors still an elite defensive team so give Draymond his props :francis:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol:
i used those safety's as an example....because yeah...they do have the athletic ability to cover single match ups...and when they do...they still dominate....but they shine at covering up everyone elses miscues and solidifying the back end of defenses.
they make the cornerbacks jobs easier, they make the linemens jobs easier...they make the linebackers jobs easier because of their versatility and ability to do anything at any moment.
iguadala can afford to be aggressive on his matchup...cause draymond is there to help...or communicate help.
curry lead the league in steals because of the trust he has in draymond....play passing lanes more aggressively
when lebron was dropping 40 or what have you...it was out of neccesity....because his normal options off the pick and roll werent there. his normal offensive mentality is not there at all.
lebron scoring 25...with 13 assists is more dangerous than lebron dropping 40 and getting 5 assists....lebrons skill is making everyone else around him better. you limit him to just his greatness you're better off. put draymond on lebron...he may not get 30 points....but that offense will start humming like a mother fukker without draymond out there to direct.
im starting to believe people dont actually watch games and only look at points in the box score as a means to judge players. idiotic
these nikkas just going off of played out narratives and word of mouth lies that they tell each other.

"Why didnt Draymond defend Bron"

"why isnt he defending the best permieter player"

"he aint better than Leonard how many DPOY he got"

Lord have mercy:scust:

Robbo

All Star
Daps
and I know some of yall are the same ones that agreed with me when I said Klay's defense has been overrated for a while. Warriors still an elite defensive team so give Draymond his props :francis:

Klay has picked his defense up. I thought for the first half of the season, he wasn't playing the same defense. But when he's engaged out there, he's really good. He's not the same type of team defender that Draymond is, but on the ball, he's good.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Be the best defender but dont actually guard the best offensive players on the other team, thread is laughable. Which meaningful player has draymond locked up?...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Just scust at this whole thread :scust:

Draymonds defense mentioned in the same breath as all time greats like Rodman, Pippen,

shyt Kawhi just not getting into the all time greats discussion and he been an elite defender since day one...

This shyt about Draymond guarding multiple positions and I aint never seen this dude cool off Dame or CP3 or 5678 or Kyrie or any perimeter player that is playing the warriors:gucci:

Cavs won a series by running a lebron and kyrie pick and roll virtually every single play but somebody pointed out how draymond made channing frye useless in the series :gucci:

I just don't even understand how people come up with this shyt...Lebron went SSJ4 and the warriors had broke back Iggy still trying to guard him...:gucci:

First game of the year Kawhi toyed with Klay, Durant, and Iggy...Draymond didn't even step up to the plate :gucci:

Dude supposed to be such a beast defensively yet when a player is single handily destroying your entire team you nowhere to be found :gucci: