Drake taking shots at the godsend aka baby goat aka king kendrick

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
i hate dese rappers today i swear fo god . and dese lil nikkas eatin dis lame shyt up like its actual real rap beef :snoop:
What's rap beef?
People killing each other and stuff was not rap beef, beef was competing over records like dudes did in the 80s and early 90s.

And people have been throwing subliminals since forever. People are just trying to recall the beefs in which people did mention names over tracks, those are like 10% compared to the subliminals that cats were throwing in the 90s.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Disagree. GKMC and MBDTF are the first albums that come to mind. Then everything else. Album really isn't lauded like that breh. Plus,he has the whole "He's the hottest " thing going for him. Which tends to make people inflate the quality of projects. There was a point in time where the massacre was the "hardest" thing out too.
It isn't "lauded" like that by cac publications, good kid, M.a.a.d. City deserves the reviews it got. MBDTF? Massively overrated album and I like Ye. I don't care whether the album is "lauded", the people felt it, it defined it's time, it has replay value past its years, staying power, records that will get spins 10 years after its release THAT is what makes an album classic. It's not like the album was a critical dud most publications gave it praise, it won awards, Complex made a list of classic albums for this generation it was on it, Billboard made a list of the top albums of the 2010's it was on it as have others if "lauded" is your criteria and these are the people you seek validation from.

Album is nothing like The Massacre either :comeon:

Last edited:

wingstop

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
outbackbread
It isn't "lauded" like that by cac publications, good kid, M.a.a.d. City deserves the reviews it got. MBDTF? Massively overrated album and I like Ye. I don't care whether the album is "lauded", the people felt it, it defined it's time, it has replay value past its years, staying power, records that will get spins 10 years after its release THAT is what makes an album classic. It's not like the album was a critical dud most publications gave it praise, it won awards, Complex made a list of classic albums for this generation it was on it, Complex made a list of the top albums of the 2010's it was on it if "lauded" is your criteria and these are the people you seek validation from.

people are really quoting complex. :mjlol::snoop:. complex has the worst lists. :heh:

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
It isn't "lauded" like that by cac publications, good kid, M.a.a.d. City deserves the reviews it got. MBDTF? Massively overrated album and I like Ye. I don't care whether the album is "lauded", the people felt it, it defined it's time, it has replay value past its years, staying power, records that will get spins 10 years after its release THAT is what makes an album classic. It's not like the album was a critical dud most publications gave it praise, it won awards, Complex made a list of classic albums for this generation it was on it, Billboard made a list of the top albums of the 2010's it was on it as have others if "lauded" is your criteria and these are the people you seek validation from.

Because the people felt it makes it a classic? This is the WOAT era of rap, if we're going by what the people felt then there have been a lot of classics in this era. The top three classics of the decade so far are MBDTF/GKMC/ and Trilogy. Meaning HOB/THURS/EOS. Because if you want to get technical, Drake Shang Tsung'd that entire sound and Able's presence was HEAVY on TC. As a matter of fact, without Trilogy And Abels music guidance, Drizzy would have released another TML.

TC is no classic. It has classic songs and is his best project, but not a classic album breh.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
MBDTF? Massively overrated album and I like Ye.

:what:

The level of production on this album alone set a new standard for the industry. These tracks are masterpieces, no matter how many people it took to make them. Half of the beauty of Kanye is that he is a master collaborator and he lets others shine and prove themselves on the platform he has.

Drake can give "Stimulus packages" but Kanye can give longevity and networking.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
nikkas acting like he's saying some ground breaking shyt. Have any of you ever been on instagram? All that "my circle is so small.." shyt has been floating around forever

05174182d9cbd01779365c2b7b8765dcbee985-wm.jpg

bc2901aebdb672f856be43566d03f58e.jpg

So true

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Because the people felt it makes it a classic? This is the WOAT era of rap, if we're going by what the people felt then there have been a lot of classics in this era. The top three classics of the decade so far are MBDTF/GKMC/ and Trilogy. Meaning HOB/THURS/EOS. Because if you want to get technical, Drake Shang Tsung'd that entire sound and Able's presence was HEAVY on TC. As a matter of fact, without Trilogy And Abels music guidance, Drizzy would have released another TML.

TC is no classic. It has classic songs and is his best project, but not a classic album breh.
Trilogy is R&B if you want to go R&B I feel like D'Angelo, Maxwell, Frank Ocean, Miguel have put out better records in this era that's for another day though...

Stop overstating Weeknd's influence no doubt he influenced the aesthetic of the project but damn :comeon:

I heard you and I disagree though, classic cuts album is good top to bottom again defined it's time was a monster release, influential, nothing more for me to say... :yeshrug:

The level of production on this album alone set a new standard for the industry. These tracks are masterpieces, no matter how many people it took to make them. Half of the beauty of Kanye is that he is a master collaborator and he lets others shine and prove themselves on the platform he has.

Drake can give "Stimulus packages" but Kanye can give longevity and networking.

I like those, I like the album still massively overrated pretty much falls off after Runaway doesn't deserve the critical acclaim it got, I cringe when people say it's Ye's best album. :scust:

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Drake doesn't have a classic record and I fukk with Drake, pause... this nikka in here tryna say Take Care is a classic but MBDTF is overrated? fukkin :dead:

The thing with Drake is that he is the most relevant rapper musically right now.. the best I can do to explain it is the 2pac line, "when we drop records, they stay felt"... every record Drake drops reverberates through the industry for quite a while. He doesn't have any classic albums, but everytime he drops something it makes a huge dent in that specific time period.

10, 20 years from now will anything he has dropped yet be revered as a classic? Maybe not.. but everyone who has lived in this era, and who has ever left their house and driven around a city, gone to a club, or a house party, or the gym, knows the impact Drake has made.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Trilogy is R&B if you want to go R&B I feel like D'Angelo, Maxwell, Frank Ocean, Miguel have put out better records in this era that's for another day though...

Stop overstating Weeknd's influence no doubt he influenced the aesthetic of the project but damn :comeon:

I heard you and I disagree though, classic cuts album is good top to bottom again defined it's time was a monster release, influential, nothing more for me to say... :yeshrug:

I like those, I like the album still massively overrated pretty much falls off after Runaway doesn't deserve the critical acclaim it got, I cringe when people say it's Ye's best album. :scust:
Breh :dahell:

That album has no fall off. Lost in the world and blame game and hell of a life are all amazing tracks Man..

And breh Crew Love Shot For Me and The Ride were all his tracks :mjlol:

What was influential about it. The album was Abels sound. And some rap tracks. Who has that album inspired? Realistically?

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Drake doesn't have a classic record and I fukk with Drake, pause... this nikka in here tryna say Take Care is a classic but MBDTF is overrated? fukkin :dead:

The thing with Drake is that he is the most relevant rapper musically right now.. the best I can do to explain it is the 2pac line, "when we drop records, they stay felt"... every record Drake drops reverberates through the industry for quite a while. He doesn't have any classic albums, but everytime he drops something it makes a huge dent in that specific time period.

10, 20 years from now will anything he has dropped yet be revered as a classic? Maybe not.. but everyone who has lived in this era, and who has ever left their house and driven around a city, gone to a club, or a house party, or the gym, knows the impact Drake has made.
He makes songs for the moment. This running through the 6 with my woes shyt is dope for rn. Just like Yolo and his older shyt but none of it lasts. Drake can't take 4 years or even three years odd between releases. Quality isn't high enough.