Drake says he never went to a black barbershop cuz his mom was scared of black people

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Dominican barbershops are black barbershops, New York dummies.
They're patterned after black barbershops, and black barbers invented the majority of the hairstyles used by dominican barbers.
Idiot nikkas from tiny islands need to drop the hyperdescent/ethnic shields and start living with a realistic picture of North American life: Binary Racial Policy.
Y'all not going to asian barbershops, Puerto Rican barbershops cut the same as black ones, dominican, and cuban ones with a bit more emphasis on tweaking eyebrows and other razor related work.
The barber school I went to in Mo County sure enough had Dominicans learning to cut "black" hair and my Black hands cut Dominican hair, using shears and clippers.
The reverse was a normal occasion.
:stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
Black barbershops are the same where ever you go.. From the UK to South Africa to NYC to Toronto..
No.
Absolutely not.
There's a huge skill level difference.
NYC, Miami, Philly, ATL, Chicago...top barbers.
A MIAMI BREH works at proper barbers in Toronto.
:mjlol:
Please stop with this "we all the same" nonsense.
UK brehs be having some chewwwwwwed lineups and cuts.
Up here? Super basic but clean, no standouts really.
I used to be passionate about the craft.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
They're patterned after black barbershops, and black barbers invented the majority of the hairstyles used by dominican barbers.

Idiot nikkas from tiny islands need to drop the hyperdescent/ethnic shields and start living with a realistic picture of North American life: Binary Racial Policy.
Y'all not going to asian barbershops, Puerto Rican barbershops cut the same as black ones, dominican, and cuban ones with a bit more emphasis on tweaking eyebrows and other razor related work.
The barber school I went to in Mo County sure enough had Dominicans learning to cut "black" hair and my Black hands cut Dominican hair, using shears and clippers.
Basically all of this.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
No.
Absolutely not.

I’m speaking from experience and been to the places I mentioned... fact is you have to know the right people but trust its cats with Supreme skills.. obviously you just not going to go to any barbershop..

I live in NY you think I will just go to any shop?

Daps
Reppin
I’m speaking from experience and been to the places I mentioned... fact is you have to know the right people but trust its cats with Supreme skills.. obviously you just not going to go to any barbershop..

I live in NY you think I will just go to any shop?
"You have to know the right people" =/= "it's all the same"
Nah in barber culture, not in barber competitions, and most certainly not at hairshows.
Folks say "you have to know the right people" when their city isn't popping.
If I'm in DC, I can trust a random shop.
In London? Hell no.
Toronto? No.
I am what is to be emulated so there is no need, I see plenty of smacked SA haircuts to know better.
Advanced fading, blending, and other techniques, you'll have to show me good continental examples, and not boring ceasers or military fades, either.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No.
Absolutely not.

Very true post

Barber skills falling off tho. Everybody using the topix and shyt to make cuts look better

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
TNMZ13F.jpg

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

LAy8t.gif