Drake says he never went to a black barbershop cuz his mom was scared of black people

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Hate? Oh u musta misunderstood what point I was trying to make. The point I was making is that every era had some hypocricy behind the scenes. You said your era was "real" yet you are bigging up the 90's when the dj was no longer the star. Your era was when the mc was the star and not the dj. But u got hip hop heads from the 70's that will say 90's rap music is far removed from its origins, when the dj was the star. Thats the point I was trying to make.
The DJ hasnt been the star since the mid 80s. At most he was the sidekick at that point. DJ title got replaced with producer by the time the 90s hit. Pete Rock, Q Tip, Premo etc etc. All were DJ's. And were very much stars of their own in the 90s.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The DJ hasnt been the star since the mid 80s. At most he was the sidekick at that point. DJ title got replaced with producer by the time the 90s hit. Pete Rock, Q Tip, Premo etc etc. All were DJ's. And were very much stars of their own in the 90s.

Thats nice. But how is any of what u just said relative to me orignally asking what era was "real?"

:patrice:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
nikka I'm pretty sure shes had more bad experiences being around white people the majority of her life. Does that stop her from being around them? Lol. She has a half black kid and afraid to take him to a black barbershop off the strength of a couple "bad" experiences sounds like the bytch is afraid of black people. Period. AINT no spinning it.
Breh. Yall got this shyt twisted. Im not sayin she gets a pass. Im saying shytting on Drake for it is a reach. And so is the thread title. I hate reading a fukkin thread title then when u look into it, it aint what was really said. Thats some bullshyt

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
OK homie well thats on you if u never heard that before but dont u dare call me a liar. How the hell is it hate if its true but u just dont know about it? :stopitslime: Thats your lack of hip hop knowledge, not mine.

You exposed yourself....Obviously u never saw the DVD, E-40: T.K.A (Tyc00n Known As) Charli.

:whoa: Dude, you’re doing entirely too much...

My point is that hardly anybody knows anything about that situation - I just typed “e 40 fraud” in google AND YouTube and nothing came up.

This is some obscure news that YOU run around with, not everybody else.

Drake and Ross’s situation is widely known though, even among their fans :francis:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Breh. Yall got this shyt twisted. Im not sayin she gets a pass. Im saying shytting on Drake for it is a reach. And so is the thread title. I hate reading a fukkin thread title then when u look into it, it aint what was really said. Thats some bullshyt
nikkas is shytting on Drake because this kinda gives u a look into how he was raised. It's obvious his moms didnt have him around black people like that and he didnt have black friends. Compare it to how he conducts himself today and it's clear what kinda person dude is.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: Dude, you’re doing entirely too much...

My point is that hardly anybody knows anything about that situation - I just typed “e 40 fraud” in google AND YouTube and nothing came up.

This is some obscure news that YOU run around with, not everybody else.

Drake and Ross’s situation is widely known though, even among their fans :francis:

That dvd is rare.....they selling it on Amazon for 75 bucks.

But E40 wasn't saying he was a "fraud" he was saying that as a rapper u have to become a charachter seperate from who u really are. He was saying that E40 is the rap charachter that the people see and love and that who he really is is something different...Who he really is , is the guy behind the scenes making sure the business is right.....But he says thats the way its supposed to be because its all a business. Indirectly he was saying all rappers are characters portrayed for the public and who they really are is someone else. E40 was the first rapper I ever heard that kept it 100 like that.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
nikkas is shytting on Drake because this kinda gives u a look into how he was raised. It's obvious his moms didnt have him around black people like that and he didnt have black friends. Compare it to how he conducts himself today and it's clear what kinda person dude is.

Those of us that peeped this when he debuted were called haters though :coffee:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
That dvd is rare.....they selling it on Amazon for 75 bucks.

But E40 wasn't saying he was a "fraud" he was saying that as a rapper u have to become a charachter seperate from who u really are. He was saying that E40 is the rap charachter that the people see and love and that who he really is is something different...Who he really is , is the guy behind the scenes making sure the business is right.....But he says thats the way its supposed to be because its all a business. Indirectly he was saying all rappers are characters portrayed for the public and who they really are is someone else. E40 was the first rapper I ever heard that kept it 100 like that.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Completely agreed, no argument there :hubie:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Drake is more white than black. He exposed himself to that after his Mike Brown Ferguson comments on 6pm in New York. Also that "black American dad story" line on Look What You've Done, not to mention him stating he only experience racism from blacks in America.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
i used to always laugh at his hair on degrassi.

him and the young bul with aspergers(sp?) that looked like ITS PAT......I still wonder if hes related to drake.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
I've never been to a black barbershop, we don't really have them out here like that. Dominicans got the game on smash out here. Idk about Canada tho, any Dominican shops out there?