Drake says he never went to a black barbershop cuz his mom was scared of black people

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
I never understood that.
How long has it been known as the screwface?
If people wasnt getting it in like that until 15 years ago then huh?
Genuinely curious.
I know BMF had an official squad out there but that dont mean nothing. They was about money more thatn anything.
In 2000 the term was coined, it was originally a negative connotation in reference to how people from the city reacted to musicians from the city, primarily rappers. But Toronto took the term as a badge of honor and ran with it and embraced it. Toronto, like every other major city has always had crime, organized or otherwise, however the increase of gangs that weren't native to the city (bloods, crips, gators, Italian mafia, triads and more recently MS13) has caused the violent crimes to increase. The destruction and gentrification of Regent Park (north Americas first projects) also added to the increase in violent crimes because you had people displaced from their homes to all over the city resulting in sets that don't get along with each other now being in the same spots.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
he said its because she had a few bad experiences at the shop
Yea, that’s what I was thinking. I can see how a black barbershop could be intimidating to a woman not familiar with the scene. Drake is on some corny shyt more and more lately, but this shyt is a reach

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Why is Sandi still walking around with Dennis last name?

Aubrey wasnt hangin in the hood. He was going to class, spending time with his Bubbe, rehearsing and filming Degrassi, and doing mall tours.

When he was out and clubbing(before he was buying out the bar and hanging with Trey Songz for promo) and whatnot he wasnt with the 'malis, or the Reps. He wasnt even with Tony(Hush) and Bishop Brigante yet.
He was hanging out with his cousins(the jew ones) mainly
Ryan Silverstein
ryan-silverstein.jpg

And his uncle Steve
Drake-Views-by-Ryan-Emberley-13-Sandi-Graham-left-368x0-c-default.jpg
:dead:damn coli detectives

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
U know what’s funny is I think Drake is way bigger in American cities than here. Like there is not some hard body Drake Stan coalition in Toronto people would dikk ride if he was in their area due to clout but I cannot think of anybody who is like an out and out straight up fan of this guy in terms of Toronto music people. That isn’t to say hes wack I def fukk with a lot of his music but it is transparent to everybody how fake the whole 6 god thing is. There is not one person from here who calls Toronto the 6 like think about that for a second. How can you call a city a whole new name and have nobody from that city call it that name. It’s the most cringeworthy stuff ever especially since only Americans or suburban cacs say the 6. I’m 27 I’ve never heard anyone call it the 6. With his slang it’s like he hears a new word and bangs it out hard body for months on end without any context. I mean the nikka sounds like a fukking Saturday night live Cac mocking a Toronto nikka it’s unbelievable.
My co-worker and I always talk about this.
Drake just throws some ridiculous statement out and the Americans/UK just ride with it and We're here looking like :dwillhuh: "What the fukk is this guy talking about?"

It's ridiculous seeing how the American and UK audience are so sold on Drake. In Toronto, no one fukks with him like that. I literally don't know any black person that is a Drake fanatic. I'm serious. shyt is like Nick Canon being a top MC.

He's fans in Toronto are young Indian/Asian/White posers and clout chasing/queer ass nikkas.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
There are enough black barbershops in Toronto, I went to 3 separate shops in 3 areas.
As many as a black city in the US? No, but we're not talking about that...
Lol at 95% of American cities.
:mjlol:
There are more black people in NYC than the whole country.
:mjgrin:
Still not an excuse to be "afraid of"taking your son to get a decent haircut. Especially in extra polite Canada.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
In 2000 the term was coined, it was originally a negative connotation in reference to how people from the city reacted to musicians from the city, primarily rappers. But Toronto took the term as a badge of honor and ran with it and embraced it. Toronto, like every other major city has always had crime, organized or otherwise, however the increase of gangs that weren't native to the city (bloods, crips, gators, Italian mafia, triads and more recently MS13) has caused the violent crimes to increase. The destruction and gentrification of Regent Park (north Americas first projects) also added to the increase in violent crimes because you had people displaced from their homes to all over the city resulting in sets that don't get along with each other now being in the same spots.
Techwood Homes in ATL is the first, 1936.
Regent Park wasn't built until the late 40s.
Y'all got Cabrini'd.
When they tore the projects down in Chicago, nikkas went ham...according to my chi brehs.

Last edited:

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Yea, that’s what I was thinking. I can see how a black barbershop could be intimidating to a woman not familiar with the scene. Drake is on some corny shyt more and more lately, but this shyt is a reach
At a certain point people have to be responsible for their own feelings and how they perceive things. A couple bad experiences shouldn't be enough to not take her son to the barbershop again. Go to a different one if you didn't like the service at that one. Two bad experiences at the take out roti spot is not going to turn me off from eating at other Jamaican restaurants, it's super flawed logic. Also if you aren't capable of going on your own to get a fade by the age of 10 or 12 you're probably a coddled bytch.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
My co-worker and I always talk about this.
Drake just throws some ridiculous statement out and the Americans/UK just ride with it and We're here looking like :dwillhuh: "What the fukk is this guy talking about?"

It's ridiculous seeing how the American and UK audience are so sold on Drake. In Toronto, no one fukks with him like that. I literally don't know any black person that is a Drake fanatic. I'm serious. shyt is like Nick Canon being a top MC.

He's fans in Toronto are young Indian/Asian/White posers and clout chasing/queer ass nikkas.

god damn :dead:

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
tenor.gif

Bruh I’m not 40 years old, bambaata and KRS1 were popping way before me...my era:

- public enemy
- luke
- OutKast
- UGK
- Pac
- Biggie
- LL
- dead prez

Got any hate for them? :coffee:

Hate? Oh u musta misunderstood what point I was trying to make. The point I was making is that every era had some hypocricy behind the scenes. You said your era was "real" yet you are bigging up the 90's when the dj was no longer the star. Your era was when the mc was the star and not the dj. But u got hip hop heads from the 70's that will say 90's rap music is far removed from its origins, when the dj was the star. Thats the point I was trying to make.

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
Techwood Homed in ATL is the first, 1936.
Regent Park wasn't built until the late 40s.
Y'all got Cabrini'd.
When they tore the projects down in Chicago, nikkas went ham...according to my chi brehs.
:ohhh:Huh...I never knew that, thats crazy cause theres a documentary on regent park where the narrator says its north americas first public housing. Learn something knew everyday:salute:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yea, that’s what I was thinking. I can see how a black barbershop could be intimidating to a woman not familiar with the scene.

How exactly could it be intimidating to go get a half BLACK child a cut:mjpls:

Because all the BLACK barbers are some
Type of barbarians:mjpls:

Who don’t know how to run a “respectable” business:mjpls:

The bytch laid down for a black man and bore him a child but she not familiar with the black quote unquote “scene”:mjpls:

Matter of fact @BmoreGorilla add this muthafukka to the list