Drake responds to the Blackface photos on IG story

taco jay

All Star
Daps
full
now you wanna act like you an activist??
full

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What ever happened to the "project" then?
"Drake" is the project. He's method acting, spoofing African American lifestyles, playing different stereotypes at different times. We have seen the safe nerdy happy non-threatening Black man, the high school jock/ladies man Black man, the turnt up trap influenced paper chasing Black man, the cultured foreign/Jamaican/British Black man, and many more to come. Hes not wave hopping, he's method acting. Its one of the greatest artistic performances of our lifetime and we may never see anything like it again

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
Problem is, you're actually looking at this with some intelligence and sense.

Most fools will run with the "this famous black man woke up one morning and decided to take a racist photo to crush his fan base and fukk up his money." Because that makes sense :snoop:

Nobody is saying that.

The conflict stems from Drake's lack of social awareness for the struggles of being black in America. He has never spoke for it - but he has spoke against it, painting blacks in a negative light.

So now, after hes been in the game for 10 years, we are supposed to believe that Drake - once was- an advocate for racial injustice for blacks in America?

Please stfu if you believe that bullshyt

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Problem is, you're actually looking at this with some intelligence and sense.

Most fools will run with the "this famous black man woke up one morning and decided to take a racist photo to crush his fan base and fukk up his money." Because that makes sense :snoop:
@REdefinition

“I always had friends from all different backgrounds, all different walks of life, we all get along,” Drake told the radio host. “I never really notice color, religion. We don’t live like that. There’s not that much segregation in Canada, especially in Toronto. It’s a cultural mosaic. You don’t ever develop hate.”

He also discussed his trouble with integrating into the American rap industry, not because of his race, but more so because of his nationality.

“The first time I really experienced [racism] was when I got famous and went to America and people would challenge me like I don’t understand how it works or like, ‘Oh, you’re Canadian. You’ll never understand the Black American struggle,'” he said. “That was the first time I had ever gotten challenged. If I ever feel like an outsider it’s usually because I’m not American.
Drake Says He Only Experienced Racism After Coming to America After Fame: 'I Never Really Notice Color'

:camby:

He's not qualified to produce such images.