Drake responds to the Blackface photos on IG story

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
wasnt trying to reach... I didn't google monkeysuit.. im not familiar with that shyt so It sounded pretty suspect to me... so pusha called him monkey suit dennis then said he wears steve harvey suits in the next bar? coming from a lyricist why would he say the same exact thing twice?
Monkey suits are another type of bad suit. His son parades him around in a monkey suit...like one would do a child, prom date, or mascot.
Steve Harvey suits are worn by predator/loser old heads.
Are you young? Suburban? "New Black"?

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
215px-Bamboozled-2000-posterimg.jpg
220px-Hollwood_Shuffle_DVD.jpg

("Bambozzled" and "Hollywood Shuffle" are two films that deal with racism and white supremacy in the Film and Television industry)

I see people mentioning these two films to defend Drake but that's a False Equivalency. Spike Lee and Robert Towsend were both in the Middle of an On-Going Battle Black Americans had with Hollywood, racism and White Supremacy in the Entertainment Industry. They did these films to bring awareness to what Black People have gone through with stereotypes and issues in America on television and film. They are both Black American and have a cultural connection to what they are talking about. Drake does not have that cultural connection. Jim Crow and Black Face are specific to the Black American Experience. I have no issue with my Black Brothers and Sisters from other countries and yes I know you all deal with racism in different forms. I do have a problem when you use American Black History and you haven't done your research or you act like you understand it better than Black Americans who actually lived it.

American Racism is it's own form of Racism, it's unique. Dealing with Racism in other countries doesn't mean your equipt to understand the dynamics of American Racism. Drake does not speak on Race issues and even did interviews talking about not experience racism until he came to America. His statement didn't apologize for the Photo, he double down so it felt more like spin and damage control saying it's "Art". No, what Robert and Spike did was Art. I don't know what the hell Drake was doing. Also some of ya'll loved using that "Twitter Fingers" sh!t on Meek. Well now your boy got "IG Diary Story Fingers". Pusha got this dude writing out explanations. SMH. Why did they try to scrub the images off the internet? Why didn't he just release the photo himself years ago and explain himself? He only doing this because he got caught and Pusha aired him out. Oh it's a "Circus" now but not when you was posting invoices? LOL.

Last edited:

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
If you're naive..sure. it's a great explanation. Thing is..Drake since getting huge hasnt fought for anything except making his pockets bigger.

thats usually how it goes un entertainment though... come in super righteous... realize it will fukk with your money then conform

Daps
Reppin
Was our former president black?
He was born on US soil and lived in America long enough to get cultural nuances, lived in Chicago, went to college in the US and his fro napped enough.
He isn't in a blackface pic and he isn't on record using hard Rs.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
"Drake" is the project. He's method acting, spoofing African American lifestyles, playing different stereotypes at different times. We have seen the safe nerdy happy non-threatening Black man, the high school jock/ladies man Black man, the turnt up trap influenced paper chasing Black man, the cultured foreign/Jamaican/British Black man, and many more to come. Hes not wave hopping, he's method acting. Its one of the greatest artistic performances of our lifetime and we may never see anything like it again
Exactly, people don’t understand this. Drake is literally in African American blackface... now he is worldwide blackface.

It’s even more funny when you realize his fans are all like those middle eastern weirdos who were harassing Joe Budden.

Drake is the people of color rapper :mjlol:

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Monkey suits are another type of bad suit. His son parades him around in a monkey suit...like one would do a child, prom date, or mascot.
Steve Harvey suits are worn by predator/loser old heads.
Are you young? Suburban? "New Black"?

29 born in queensbrigde, raised in southside Jamaica, my highschool years living in astoria projects, spent majority of my adult life in far rock... I just have no idea what a monkey suit is... not sure why where im from would have anything to do with it...

thankyou for explaining the entendre though. I get it now

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was born on US soil and lived in America long enough to get cultural nuances, lived in Chicago, went to college in the US and his fro napped enough.
He isn't in a blackface pic and he isn't on record using hard Rs.
None of that makes you black or not.

If that's the case I know a couple black white boy's from around the way.

Daps
Reppin
29 born in queensbrigde, raised in southside Jamaica, my highschool years living in astoria projects, spent majority of my adult life in far rock... I just have no idea what a monkey suit is... not sure why where im from would have anything to do with it...

thankyou for explaining the entendre though. I get it now
You didn't need to tell me all that. Now you know.
"Monkey suit" is common informal terminology.