Drake responds to the Blackface photos on IG story

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All these fake militants watched avengers even though Robert Downey jr did blackface in tropic thunder.

Blackface is definitely controversial but that's the whole point if someone is using it to make a point. You cant make a blanket statement on a nuanced issue otherwise like folk said you gotta keep that same energy for beyonce, spike lee, little brother, Robert Downey jr etc.

Yall sound like Cacs who are complaining about NFL players kneeling during the anthem saying it's an anthem protest when they know its got nothing to do with the anthem. You are deliberately missing the point cause you hate drake.

And that's the other dynamic I see at play. A lotta flabby and sick old heads hate drake cause he represents more of the newer era with the singing and stuff. The hippidy hop Tom joiner cruise going Larry holmes kats finally feel like they struck a blow to the new school so they getting too excited over pushas diss.

I like drake and pusha T. Both are hip hop. Just enjoy it.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
All these fake militants watched avengers even though Robert Downey jr did blackface in tropic thunder.

Blackface is definitely controversial but that's the whole point if someone is using it to make a point. You cant make a blanket statement on a nuanced issue otherwise like folk said you gotta keep that same energy for beyonce, spike lee, little brother, Robert Downey jr etc.

Yall sound like Cacs who are complaining about NFL players kneeling during the anthem saying it's an anthem protest when they know its got nothing to do with the anthem. You are deliberately missing the point cause you hate drake.

And that's the other dynamic I see at play. A lotta flabby and sick old heads hate drake cause he represents more if the newer era with the singing and stuff. The hippidy hop Tom joiner cruise going Larry holmes kats finally feel like they struck a blow to the new school so they getting too excited over pushas diss.
You're nigerian :camby: go worry about bleaching and triple rehashed house music.
A genre created by AAs 30+ years ago.
Drake is a "foreign nikka" entry point and it's time for all non AAs/US born blacks to shyt or get off the pot.
Of course that imagery don't bother your land hopping ass.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
He was signed to universal and had a single out called “replacement girl”

shyt ain’t adding up. He was not an actor at this point struggling to find roles. He was a rapper
who told you he was on Universal in 2007 lol

nikkas was suing for a finders fee in 09 but he was already signed to a major ?

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Oh,So he's one with the struggle of African Americans and sees color now:pachaha:?

“I always had friends from all different backgrounds, all different walks of life, we all get along,” Drake told the radio host. “I never really notice color, religion. We don’t live like that. There’s not that much segregation in Canada, especially in Toronto. It’s a cultural mosaic. You don’t ever develop hate.”

He also discussed his trouble with integrating into the American rap industry, not because of his race, but more so because of his nationality.

“The first time I really experienced [racism] was when I got famous and went to America and people would challenge me like I don’t understand how it works or like, ‘Oh, you’re Canadian. You’ll never understand the Black American struggle,'” he said. “That was the first time I had ever gotten challenged. If I ever feel like an outsider it’s usually because I’m not American.”
Drake Says He Only Experienced Racism After Coming to America After Fame: 'I Never Really Notice Color'

movieposter.jpg

What Drake did with that blackface was no different than what Robert Townsend did with this movie.

It was done to bring awareness to the bullshyt that black actors and actresses face on a regular.

Some of you are so blinded by your Drake hate, you refuse to see things for what they truly are.
First of all..
Do not use a classic movie to push this trash ass narrative in your post..
This dude grew up in Canada and from the post I quoted..
You can see where his mind state truly was at..
These Stretch Armstrong reaches you corny muthafukkas are doing to defend this man:hhh:

Second.
You can tell this was a damage control statement..
If you a man..
Take the hit..
Don’t run..
Don’t try to scrub the internet of the picture..
Own your shyt, get in the lab and write some shyt..
If he really wanted to take it to Instagram/Twitter..
Do it before trying to put cease and desist shyt on a picture..
You have to be a bird brain or a emotional ass female not to see through this con job:mjlol:
giphy.gif

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe him because Drake was at his cornball peak back then and he only had a bunch of non Americans and non-blacks to bounce this idea off of so he ended up with social commentary that had the subtlety of a fukking jackhammer. Your favorite rapper Phonte didn't do the Minstrel Show cover in full out black face for a reason you goofy.