Drake responds to the Blackface photos on IG story

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
nikkas call each other nikkas

Dennis do look like dr zayus in a chopper shyt n grill cheese mustache

lmao.. I did laugh at push bar myself... but I feel like we gotta do it amongst ourselves... once it spills into the entertainment industry we cant control how the fans of that entertainment consume and project it... there will be some white people quoting that shyt no doubt. nikkas gotta be more responsible

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
tenor.gif

So basically drake’s the kid who calls time out in a fight once he starts losing? Shocked lol.
Drake a p*ssy

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
If it ain’t his kid and he’s taking a paternity, why is he been paying old girl? Any CS judge in the world will call you a dummy for doing that especially if you have some doubt

I didnt know it was that deep... like I said in my initial post I dont fukk with drake or pusha to actually know whats what. so im just going off what the diss tracks are feeding me. is there actually proof out that he's paying?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
:ohhh:

Drake's new angle...a theory.

I assume his camp has gotten through his ego and convinced him of what we all know now - he can't go bar for bar (or even tweet for tweet) with Pusha. He's already lost among hip-hop fans.

What he can't afford to do is lose his pop fans, massive female fan base, or corporate sponsors. And let's be real - they're the ones actually buying his records and paying to go to his shows. Coli nikkas ain't payin for shyt :pachaha:

Continuing to trade diss tracks with Pusha will only further expose the skills gap (and more dirt about Drake's complicated private life), and may result in Drake saying things that cost him serious money.

So he changes his approach - now he's looking to make himself a sympathetic figure, rather than a dominant one.

This IG post is the trial balloon. If his team sees it start to shore up his pop fan/female support on social media, he'll continue down this path.

I wouldn't expect Drake's next "diss track" to even mention Pusha or anything about him at all. Drake will concede without conceding.

Instead, it will be some sort of exploration of his life as a tragic mulatto. He'll rap about not ever fitting in anywhere, his trials and tribulations growing up in a single-parent home, the confused identity he suffers as a result of being biracial, and give some sort of mea culpa for how he did his son.

The track will be well-received by critics because of its "incisive commentary on life in a newly diverse, multicultural America" and his "bracing honesty regarding his personal failure and struggle for redemption."
Corporate sponsors will happily cosign it - especially in an age where they live in fear of brand damage due to "cultural insensitivity" (Starbucks :mjlol:).

Female fans will forgive him - the song will be emotionally resonant and restore their confidence that he'll do right by his son.

Pop fans will keep tuning in because the beat selection will be impeccable.

Just a theory....:manny:
This is possible, but I still think he'd face some push back from a lot of his peers and some big names in hip-hop to go at Push.

Even Puffy replied to the IG story and said "we want bars"

This is a solid theory though and it wouldn't surprise me if this happens

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
@RippTheRuler monkey suits are bad tuxes.
Nice reach.

wasnt trying to reach... I didn't google monkeysuit.. im not familiar with that shyt so It sounded pretty suspect to me... so pusha called him monkey suit dennis then said he wears steve harvey suits in the next bar? coming from a lyricist why would he say the same exact thing twice?

using the term monkey with while referencing a black person sus regardless of the term... nikka should'v saod choppa suit dennis... or steve harvey suit dennis

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I accept this. Even if you don't like Drake, this is really the most plausible reason a grown black man in entertainment would do something like this.
If you're naive..sure. it's a great explanation. Thing is..Drake since getting huge hasnt fought for anything except making his pockets bigger.

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, there's a lot of explaining in this thread lol. "But Beyonce, but Ye, but Robert Downey, Jr...." Push threw out some fukkery and it worked, man. The Juelz-splaining statement and these comments are proof of this.

I actually believe that in Drake's mind he was doing exactly what he said he was at that time. But it's fukking irrelevant. Like just say that right now, Push got him. And if you're on Drake's side or just on the side that enjoys the competitive aspects of hip hop, hope he follows up with some heat.

What about Beyonce....lol. Stay focused, please. Look alive.