Drake responds to the Blackface photos on IG story

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Check the comments you fukking idiot, this is already blowing up in his face

Its not meant for detractors on his page. Same thing happened with Meek, a lot of hate on his IG and boom he done killed a dude. What you seem not to have picked up from my post is what I saw that you didn't. This is playing to his sponsors and soon-to-be sponsors. They know Push already went too far with the whole MS thing, now you have Drake redirecting the shot. This is exactly what Budden was talking about, how Drake doesn't need bars, because he has an industry gameplan already set forth. Something Jay and K-Dot capitalized on early in their careers.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Lupe already explained it

drake-blackface-photos.jpg

Even if that was the message, the picture on the left is just too c00nish for me to ever take him serious :mjlol: Also did he not feel weird having a white man take these pictures of him :stopitslime: He coulda least got a black photographer.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Why did he add the African breh to the equation? "butbutbutbut he was c00ning with me, we went half on the c00ning together"
:hubie:
That’s honestly the lamest shyt a grown man can do. He basically snitched on dude. Worse because at the end of this Drake still going profit from this beef and that dude might be working a 9 to 5 that just got jeopardized.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Uhhhh...how we get from a Cacnaidian jew in black face to the nuances of Thug Lyfe?

:laff:

As much as I shyt on Drake and troll his stans you don't see me in here pretended like I think it was malicious just for daps. NOTHING I said points to me doing that. You typed all that shyt without even addressing what I said to try and ramble out an excuse for some shyt that doesn't really need one. Even in perfect context, replying to anything I pointed up with "Nah, but...." is out of bounds IMO.

Lupe first explained the artistic meaning and it apparently was a project he was doing that never fully materialized where he was making a point about Black actors often being being typecasted. It never came out so it was never a chance to fully hear the explanation and intent. Same way everybody thought Thug Life was ignorant until they found out the intent.

Now if you don't believe it that's up to you, but the explanation they've given isn't malicious or intended to demean at all.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Be real. Nobody knew "Drake" before 2008 or 2009 unless you were some mixtape junkie.

Ehh, if you watched a Degrassi episode you knew of him and most people in high school from 2003 to 2008 would have. But he wasn’t taken seriously as a rapper. He was Nick Cannon status on Room for Improvement meaning no one took a Canadian rapper serious at all. Comeback Season (mainly Successful) made inroads with the indie underground circuit. nikkas was like he kinda nice. So Far Gone got the thots and average joes on board.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Lupe first explained the artistic meaning and it apparently was a project he was doing that never fully materialized where he was making a point about Black actors often being being typecasted. It never came out so it was never a chance to fully hear the explanation and intent. Same way everybody thought Thug Life was ignorant until they found out the intent.

Now if you don't believe it that's up to you, but the explanation they've given isn't malicious or intended to demean at all.

Again, show me where I said that I thought the intent was malicious? I thought it was IGNORANT and shows a ridiculous amount of disconnect between Drake and the 'community' that has championed him. Him trolling or just trying to be provocative would at least show self awareness. But that was the same era where people were still trying to coach him on how to properly say nikka without sounding like his mom.