Daps
Reppin
NULL
giphy.gif

Drake?...Drake?....DRAAKKKKEEEE!! :damn:

Kerkum

Superstar
Daps
Y’all remember when Oprah was crying to us because she was “followed” around some high end fashion boutique? Like, baby girl, you was the main negroe claiming all it takes is hard work...didn’t open an all black school in America because we “didn’t want it enough”:mjlol: Now you wanna shake a black fist cause some cacs came at you sideways on some individual shyt. Drake, now you wanna address the plight of black Americans? Why now????

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Still doesn't tell me exactly why a Cacnadian would think he's helping some sort of cause or even his career by doing that.

I don't hate him any more or less than before I saw that, but if you ever questioned whether or not he can actually relate to the 'struggle' of AA's you should probably understand by now that he is/has spent most of his life far removed from the mindset of the average person who helped him create this life for himself.

I don't really see ill intent, just an astounding level of ignorance and disconnect.

Nah the problems comes from people assuming the worse instead of looking for context. Many people always looking to instantly diss Drake.

For example, Thug Life may sound ignorant until you understand The Hate U Gave Litttle Infants Fu*ks Everyone.

Or the same way in rap beef when TI showed Lil Flip's picture in the leprechaun suit and people didn't get the context of it being his album cover, directly related to his hood name and it being the Pen & Pixel cover era. Nobody ever had a problem with that cover when it dropped because they knew the context, but new fans not familiar with Houston rap didn't.

Im far from a Drake apologist. I just always look for context and clarity with everything. For better or worse tho, rap beef is all about making people not look for context and instead assume the worse:francis:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State