Drake goes on rant at "Nostalgia" in Toronto last night about friends switching up on him

TL15

Veteran
Daps
the-office-steve-carell.gif

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
I ain’t saying it was good. Just saying it makes sense why his rap character would evolve into that.

These guys are playing characters.
Are there any other rappers who took Drakes path of starting off not rapping about crime or violence at all and evolving into becoming a threatening gangster?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Nah shyt is corny. I don’t want to hear this nikka trying to act tough because he got richer :dead: all the raps about guns, hits and slime brought his shyt down a lot for me.

Square biz. When I think of Drake, I think of caviar, doing a Teddy P lean pose near the window of a limo, and desires of a lavish life.

Not guns, gang ties, and tough shyt. Like dude give me hope that I can be a damn baller, I'm tired of being in the fukking trenches with switches, crash outs, and THOTs.

I kinda miss the crunk, future swag, bling era right about now :francis:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know why this is so surprising to many. He became the biggest rap star and was making more paper than most. He basically was a don in the rap game. Makes sense why his style would change as his position changed and he became powerful
Once a lame, always a lame
Oh you thought the money, the power, the fame would make you go away?

Last edited:

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
Are there any other rappers who took Drakes path of starting off not rapping about crime or violence at all and evolving into becoming a threatening gangster?

Are they any other rappers that’s had Drake’s career path?
Again, when he raps, he’s playing a character like a lot of these rappers do.
Many rappers don’t even do a lot of interviews because they don’t want the audience to know the real them.
Rick Ross is great at playing his character in real life.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
fukk nikkas on your payroll
And you let ’em know the safe code

And you knew him for a month though
But you call them nikkas big bro

For someone with so many bars about fake friends, phony relationships, and whatnot…he sure seems surprised. Then again…he probably ain’t write none of them to begin with.
I've always been convinced that his ghost writers throw subs at Aubrey in the lyrics they give him. Aubrey just too dumb to recognize

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Downfall? He been the most streamed artist every month this year lol

Off his old sh*t.

He currently has 0 songs in the Billboard Hot 100 and hasn't had a top 20 hit since 5 months ago. Ironically, "Family Matters".

EDIT:

Actually I'm wrong. "Circadian Rhythm" is #99 and fell 33 spots in a week. Congrats? :yeshrug:

Fred.