Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Solid Drake album, the beginning was a bit weak, from "First person shooter (J.Cole)" till the end of the album was very good.

Will listen to the album in the car this weekend too. Will be bumping this till 2024

We spoilt for good music 2nd half of 2023, Diddy, Nas, Drake all released good album

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This is one of the more hilarious justifications I've seen for mediocrity my guy.

People don't listen to full albums any more? Maybe people with ADHD or crack babies don't but if you are an actual fan of music I find it hard to believe you cant have th attention span to listen to an artist you enjoy for an hour or more.

I feel we are at a disconnect because I still value the artistic merit of anything I listen to and I guess you are just looking for a couple songs to get some vibes. Nothing wrong with that but we are different listeners end of the day.
SHE does have ADHD. That is a young white woman people have responded to and she doesn’t deserve any type of real responses when it comes to music. Those types of fans don’t add anything at all other than using “it’s a vibe” and “sonically” in posts.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Yea...this album is a mess. The hooks and melodies aren't there for large stretches. The most consistent tracks are the Yachty ones and you can tell who wrote the hook and melody. Tone wise there's a lol of anger and resentment here, again. But it's not the "I know you still want me tho" vibe from CLB and some of his previous albums. It's just rich incel shyt. He's trying to lean into that Kanye absurdist ego shyt but there's no entertainment or humor factor. There's something comedic about Kanye's rants. This just feels like a drunk lounge crooner trying to roast the crowd but he's bombing. On some flabby Jake LaMotta bombing at the nightclub shyt. The "singing" is more uninspired than ever. He just drones on in the most simplistic way imaginable.

Some positives: Cole has the best verse on the album but to be fair Drake levels the fukk up on that beat switch whewww. Gently is amazing. And like I said, all the Yachty stuff is good especially What Would Pluto Do and Another Late Night.

agree with a lot of this, but that Would What Pluto Do, that sounded like one of the worst ones to me. Like a throwaway.