Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Maybe retirement was the wrong word

whatever that statement was

read like a Senator "taking more time off to spend with his family"
He got a 500 million advance in 2021. He’s dropped 4 albums in 2 years. This was probably always the plan. complete his part of contract and lay Low for a second

he’s defeated music

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yea...this album is a mess. The hooks and melodies aren't there for large stretches. The most consistent tracks are the Yachty ones and you can tell who wrote the hook and melody. Tone wise there's a lol of anger and resentment here, again. But it's not the "I know you still want me tho" vibe from CLB and some of his previous albums. It's just rich incel shyt. He's trying to lean into that Kanye absurdist ego shyt but there's no entertainment or humor factor. There's something comedic about Kanye's rants. This just feels like a drunk lounge crooner trying to roast the crowd but he's bombing. On some flabby Jake LaMotta bombing at the nightclub shyt. The "singing" is more uninspired than ever. He just drones on in the most simplistic way imaginable.

Some positives: Cole has the best verse on the album but to be fair Drake levels the fukk up on that beat switch whewww. Gently is amazing. And like I said, all the Yachty stuff is good especially What Would Pluto Do and Another Late Night.