Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Virigina Beach is pretty sick production wise

but the singing is pretty bad, and grating, not that I have osme kind of deep understanding of vocals and all that. it just doesn't sound good.

and the song itself is kinda rough as a concept, unfocused, but I still kinda fukk with it.

Drawing conclusions like you got a Parsons degree or something

who is that line for? Show of hands who knows what that means in here lol
Parsons is the New School, and in NYC, New School chicks are those artsy college chicks that are fukking if you show them a good time. Iykyk

:hubie:

He’s shouting out a college where the girls are known to fukk. He’s done this a few times over the years and you’re not going to see that explanation on Rap Genius because that is a lifestyle rap not a lyrical rap.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Parsons is the New School, and in NYC, New School chicks are those artsy college chicks that are fukking if you show them a good time. Iykyk

:hubie:

He’s shouting out a college where the girls are known to fukk. He’s done this a few times over the years and you’re not going to see that explanation on Rap Genius because that is a lifestyle rap not a lyrical rap.

I know what Parsons is, it's just a very insider/funny reference, on the westcoast, no one outside of a very very high social class will catch that.

and I know only know from the movie Heat lol

points toward his target audience

CAVEMAN

PyrexPyramid
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Bay
On my first run through it so far, just made it to the 8th song and I like ALLLL these shyts so far, - the first 3 I liked the most but I like all these next 5 tracks too. I'm not annoyed by ANY of these songs, which is crazy to me -- this is the exact opposite of how I felt about CLB, and pretty much all his recent albums. First time I've felt this way about a Drake album since NWTS and IYRTITL and WATTBA

Views and More Life and Scorpion and Her Loss ended up ok but I was annoyed by plenty of songs on them before I picked my keepers and got accustomed. CLB was even worse, only had like 2 that I kept, super trash. Honestly Nevermind very mid but at least I could put that in a diff category. This officially the first Drake album that it seems like I'll actually enjoy in years. But I'm still only 8 tracks in.

I didnt like 'Slime You Out' as a single, and thats next so I'm expecting it to get worse now, but we'll see

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I know what Parsons is, it's just a very insider/funny reference, on the westcoast, no one outside of a very very high social class will catch that.

and I know only know from the movie Heat lol
In NYC they are out here though looking to have fun :ehh:

With that said I enjoyed Her Loss more but this was a good album

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I

It goes but no man should ever play that song :russ:

Only the hoes can pick that song, or a DJ at a venue.
I never have and never will abide by that shyt bruh lol. I listen to and enjoy what I like. No offense to you. I vibe with the feeling of the song, not necessarily the lyrics.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the first run, I wasn’t feeling it as much. Second run is better and there some songs I like on the project. It’s not a very consistent album straight through, but it has some joints I can vibe to.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
On my first run through it so far, just made it to the 8th song and I like ALLLL these shyts so far, - the first 3 I liked the most but I like all these next 5 tracks too. I'm not annoyed by ANY of these songs, which is crazy to me -- this is the exact opposite of how I felt about CLB, and pretty much all his recent albums. First time I've felt this way about a Drake album since NWTS and IYRTITL and WATTBA

Views and More Life and Scorpion and Her Loss ended up ok but I was annoyed by plenty of songs on them before I picked my keepers and got accustomed. CLB was even worse, only had like 2 that I kept, super trash. Honestly Nevermind very mid but at least I could put that in a diff category. This officially the first Drake album that it seems like I'll actually enjoy in years. But I'm still only 8 tracks in.

I didnt like 'Slime You Out' as a single, and thats next so I'm expecting it to get worse now, but we'll see
CLB is just too generic.

FTD is production is varied and as well as song structure

I hate the hook on the Yachty song and I don’t know who the bad bunny song is for.

Everything else is a slap to me

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
You don’t need multiple listens for any work that doesn’t have much substance or hidden meanings in the first place. Plus, the production on a lot of those songs isn’t even that good, so why would I need to listen to them again? You’re basically unintentionally admitting that you’re forcing yourself to like this just cause you’re a fan of his. I’m a Common fan but I instantly knew after the first listen that Universal Mind Control was garbage:mjlol:
I disagree brodie. Every single one of Wiz Khalifas projects were ass to me on first listen, second and third listens were much better…and music doesn’t get more shallow than Wiz.