Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Except this time I’m in the consensus

For all the :flabbynsick: dogs is worse than that techno shyt he tried

Drake has pretty much made several 7/10 or so albums hidden in his 4-5/10 album because he has no concept of recess when it comes to what he decides to release.

Like half of the shyt on here is so shockingly fukking boring, if he boiled it down to ten tracks it would be better critically and you would get more focused bars. Instead you get him phoning it in on shyt for half the run time.

I fukk with Drake still because that being said I can count on about 5 keepers on his weedplates the last decade :yeshrug: thats a win for me I guess

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Very true, it's the reason I am no longer receptive to R&B Drake
His technical/rapping ability has sharpened (when he puts forth effort)

His vocals are completely shot and the melodies are carried by autotune, Im not sure he could even recreate something as simple as Hotline Bling atp.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I think it's additionally largely because nobody is remotely close to taking the lane.

Some cats may have the singing, but their bars are weak af. Some cats may have the bars but they can't sing and harmonize.

I said it before, but hip-hop needs a new face more than it ever has.

Cats like Babydrill ain't it. Legacy artists can barely keep attention for two weeks.

Females are basically running it right now.
Music doesn’t work like this anymore. Superstars won’t look like the Drakes of the world because everyone listens to music in silos due to streaming

Rod Wave sold 160k first week and I bet most posters in the booth couldn’t name one song from him

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Drake has pretty much made several 7/10 or so albums hidden in his 4-5/10 album because he has no concept of recess when it comes to what he decides to release.

Like half of the shyt on here is so shockingly fukking boring, if he boiled it down to ten tracks it would be better critically and you would get more focused bars. Instead you get him phoning it in on shyt for half the run time.

I fukk with Drake still because that being said I can count on about 5 keepers on his weedplates the last decade :yeshrug: thats a win for me I guess
Only the booth looks at albums ?/10

Music doesn’t even work this way anymore. No one is listens to the same artist straight for over na hour multiple times unless they’re a stanz

People take their favorite songs add them on a playlist and KIM

Albums like CLB that the booth said was trash is a top 3 most streamed album this year and it was released in 2021

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
in 2023 j cole is the best rapper alive.
easily the best of the big three. thats for sure.

he shouldve finished the tour then took a mental health break. there was no need to announce this since he was riding high from the 21 album. ill give it a another listen w/ headphones but from my intial reaction, not feeling it at all.

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
The albums's track length indicates streaming's metrics, right? Its better to have more tracks than less.

Yea

He gets paid for every song you listen to, whether or not you listen to the whole album

Even if you only listen for 30 seconds thats a stream

The shorter the song the more streams- especially if it has replay value

More money in his pocket and higher positioning on the charts

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Music doesn’t work like this anymore. Superstars won’t look like the Drakes of the world because everyone listens to music in silos due to streaming

Rod Wave sold 160k first week and I bet most posters in the booth couldn’t name one song from him
I mean, there are such things as superstars and household names. There always will be because people want to feel a part of something and connected to everyone.

People want to be down and seek common ground with other people. That'll never change.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Virigina Beach is pretty sick production wise

but the singing is pretty bad, and grating, not that I have osme kind of deep understanding of vocals and all that. it just doesn't sound good.

and the song itself is kinda rough as a concept, unfocused, but I still kinda fukk with it.

Drawing conclusions like you got a Parsons degree or something

who is that line for? Show of hands who knows what that means in here lol

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Only the booth looks at albums ?/10

Music doesn’t even work this way anymore. No one is listens to the same artist straight for over na hour multiple times unless they’re a stanz

People take their favorite songs add them on a playlist and KIM

Albums like CLB that the booth said was trash is a top 3 most streamed album this year and it was released in 2021

This is one of the more hilarious justifications I've seen for mediocrity my guy.

People don't listen to full albums any more? Maybe people with ADHD or crack babies don't but if you are an actual fan of music I find it hard to believe you cant have th attention span to listen to an artist you enjoy for an hour or more.

I feel we are at a disconnect because I still value the artistic merit of anything I listen to and I guess you are just looking for a couple songs to get some vibes. Nothing wrong with that but we are different listeners end of the day.