Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This isn’t bad music but I feel like 75% of his music post pandemic could be deleted and nothing would change
You are correct.

First Person Shooter
Screw The World (Interlude)
7969 Santa

What Would Pluto Do
All The Parties
Virginia Beach
Away From Home
Calling On You
8am In Charlotte

I mess with these, especially the bolded. Everything else is stuff I’ll never listen to again. These last few albums truly feel like when Jay-Z was releasing Kingdom Come, Blueprint 3, and Magna Carta Holy Grail. Straight autopilot stuff where if you were to combine that best songs from each album, you’d get a very nice 15-16 track album.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
You are correct.

First Person Shooter
Screw The World (Interlude)
7969 Santa

What Would Pluto Do
All The Parties
Virginia Beach
Away From Home
Calling On You
8am In Charlotte

I mess with these, especially the bolded. Everything else is stuff I’ll never listen to again. These last few albums truly feel like when Jay-Z was releasing Kingdom Come, Blueprint 3, and Magna Carta Holy Grail. Straight autopilot stuff where if you were to combine that best songs from each album, you’d get a very nice 15-16 track album.

this shyt hasn't even been out for 24 hrs :dahell:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
From an artist I like? absolutely. there have been songs that have grown on me.

its really hard to judge an ENTIRE body of work off 1 spin.
You don’t need multiple listens for any work that doesn’t have much substance or hidden meanings in the first place. Plus, the production on a lot of those songs isn’t even that good, so why would I need to listen to them again? You’re basically unintentionally admitting that you’re forcing yourself to like this just cause you’re a fan of his. I’m a Common fan but I instantly knew after the first listen that Universal Mind Control was garbage:mjlol:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
You don’t need multiple listens for any work that doesn’t have much substance or hidden meanings in the first place. Plus, the production on a lot of those songs isn’t even that good, so why would I need to listen to them again? You’re basically unintentionally admitting that you’re forcing yourself to like this just cause you’re a fan of his. I’m a Common fan but I instantly knew after the first listen that Universal Mind Control was garbage:mjlol:

ok we're done here :picard:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
To anyone paying attention this album is exactly what you expected. No opinions are being changed by this.
If you like Drake you’ll like it and if not you won’t.
Drake is an uninteresting artist at this point. He’s the show in the 7th season that should have stopped at season 5 but was too popular to do so.
I think it's additionally largely because nobody is remotely close to taking the lane.

Some cats may have the singing, but their bars are weak af. Some cats may have the bars but they can't sing and harmonize.

I said it before, but hip-hop needs a new face more than it ever has.

Cats like Babydrill ain't it. Legacy artists can barely keep attention for two weeks.

Females are basically running it right now.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think it's additionally largely because nobody is remotely close to taking the lane.

Some cats may have the singing, but their bars are weak af. Some cats may hve the bars but they can't sing and harmonize.

I said it before, but hip-hop needs a new face bad.

Cats like Babydrill ain't it. Legacy artists can barely keep attention for two weeks.

Females are basically running it right now.

You can tell baby drill is an actual shooter because why the fukk was that nikka allowed to rap more than 2 weeks before someone told his ass that he was garbage? :scust: