Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Drake damn near 40 and content remains the same. Sure, he’s experimented with a few new sounds but the subject have been the same since his first mixtape. Based on this title, we’re about to get the same thing.

I only say that because he’s highly talented but that’s his biggest flaw
He's 36. Secondly how many artists content stays the same? Pusha been rapping about being a coke dealer for the past 20 years, yet folks stay on his nuts.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Think Drake hasn’t missed since Scorpion imo. And even that album would’ve been great if edited into the best 18 songs. There classic Drake tracks on CLB just the album is too bloated. Her Loss was dope. DLDT was his most cohesive project since NWTS. He going keep dropping without slowing down.

:yeshrug:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Jay rapped about the same thing until he was 60 then says pay your taxes and basement dwellers on here act like he is deep and groundbreaking
this is patently false. Blueprint is highly regarded because Jay stepped away from the glossy production/street anthems to make a more soulful, reserved and vulnerable album. His next few albums followed suit , each with a different theme. Black Album is about reflecting on his time in the game, Kingdom Come is about being back rapping as a 35+ CEO who has done it all, American Gangster is about assuming the persona of Frank Lucas and talking about the lows and highs of the game, and thats not getting into Watch THe Throne, MGHC, and 444....

Drakes one attempt at a concept album was Honestly Nevermind and it was insulting how low effort it was.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Her Loss was actually pretty good I'm still bumping it

I knew something was coming because of this Jim Jones/Pusha beef

We'll see...
I doubt he addressees Pusha lol. That shyt is over as far as he's concerned, rap wise. And I doubt Jimmy gets the feature he craves either. I don't think Drake gives a shyt.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
this is patently false. Blueprint is highly regarded because Jay stepped away from the glossy production/street anthems to make a more soulful, reserved and vulnerable album. His next few albums followed suit , each with a different theme. Black Album is about reflecting on his time in the game, Kingdom Come is about being back rapping as a 35+ CEO who has done it all, American Gangster is about assuming the persona of Frank Lucas and talking about the lows and highs of the game, and thats not getting into Watch THe Throne, MGHC, and 444....

Drakes one attempt at a concept album was Honestly Nevermind and it was insulting how low effort it was.
All those albums feature dope boys raps and balling as the central theme

No one changes their subject matter.