Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Eminem is. Ironically it's because of how far they've fallen. Em more than Drake

Both of them have been desperately trying to recapture that "old Drake/Em" feeling since they past their primes

It's insecurity. There's a reason why Jay, Nas, 3 Stacks, and Kendrick aren't as polarizing. They innovate. They don't go backwards. They create new moments

These legacies will be looked at much differently. Drake is Grizzlies Allen Iverson status right now

Man this sounds so dumb. His albums keep going #1 and you’re saying he’s about to be out the league

vino

Superstar
Daps
list is small, but Ye, 3 stacks, Tyler, Snoop come to mind…

You’re wasting your time. I had someone bring up Pusha T and Jadakiss. They’re great rappers but I didn’t have in them in the conversation of artist.

To everyone that quoted me.

Ye - “college theme were first 3” , “808’s heartbreak was different completely”, “Beautiful dark twisted fantasy & Yeezus”, “the life of Pablo”. then you have “Donda” - These album overall theme is different

Snoop - went from gangster to pimp to reggae artist to gospel album

Kendrick Lamar - Every major release has been different

Nas - switch with Godson and N album and life is good.

All I’m saying is Drake story has not moved forward at all. He is still on the same shyt. He just has no layers. I still listen to his music because I haven’t denied his talent.

Jay did an album Jay Electronica with verses about different shyt. Jay story moved foward. At Drake age Jay made kingdom come and Black album. His story moved forward from the hustler tales.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Skill wise. If you can't see it then you're biased

Drake hasn't been innovative in years. Record sales mean nothing in comparison

I’m one of the few people here who doesn’t root for rappers like they’re athletes.. I listen to music and I like it or don’t.

Drake has never found that classic album he’s been looking for since Views, but his music is still good. It isn’t super innovative and he hasn’t found his Blueprint, but Dark Lane Demo Tapes was one of his best projects. If Covid didn’t exist it woulda been huge.

CLB had some great records on it, and Her Loss was just a good, fun album. No need to overthink it like a dork crying about substance because he got with 21 and made a fun ass album.

You cry about innovation but when he tried w/ the house album nobody was tryna hear it.

I know you’re like 19 so it makes sense that you want every artist you give you the super introspective substance album that you can type a thesis about. Give it 4-5 years to become an adult and you’ll realize good music that’s fun is enough.

EmojiFlame

All Star
Daps
who fukking cares about drake being innovative :russ:

drake is a known quantity - he will never really switch lanes and just stick to what he is good at (making an average album where you pick songs for your playlist). people whining in this thread with their concern trolling and unrealistic expectations need to move on man

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Hope he drops it sooner rather than later so we can get some summer music goin.

Also hope Push takes another swipe at him :mjlit:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
I’m one of the few people here who doesn’t root for rappers like they’re athletes.. I listen to music and I like it or don’t.

Drake has never found that classic album he’s been looking for since Views, but his music is still good. It isn’t super innovative and he hasn’t found his Blueprint, but Dark Lane Demo Tapes was one of his best projects. If Covid didn’t exist it woulda been huge.

CLB had some great records on it, and Her Loss was just a good, fun album. No need to overthink it like a dork crying about substance because he got with 21 and made a fun ass album.

You cry about innovation but when he tried w/ the house album nobody was tryna hear it.

I know you’re like 19 so it makes sense that you want every artist you give you the super introspective substance album that you can type a thesis about. Give it 4-5 years to become an adult and you’ll realize good music that’s fun is enough.
He did that house album sound with Find Your Love. 2010. 13 years ago.

He's been doing the same shyt since One Dance. Recreating moments. Just like this new shyt. "Old Drake".

Honestly, Nevermind wasnt innovative at all. And it was ass. Surface level shyt. The beats did more than he did vocally

Last edited:

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
He did that house album song with Find Your Love. 2010.

He's been doing the same shyt since One Dance. You're the one crying. Posting paragraphs for nothing. I'm 26 and I've grown up on Drake. The Drake that was hungry. The Drake that wasn't comfortable

Get that pretentious bullshyt out of here

Man I’ve seen you on here talking about how you practice your writing on here cause you’re about to go to college :mjlol:if you’re really 26 you’re gonna be lookin like Billy Madison in there.

Enjoy the album and move on, you know you’ll listen

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Man I’ve seen you on here talking about how you practice your writing on here cause you’re about to go to college :mjlol:if you’re really 26 you’re gonna be lookin like Billy Madison in there.

Enjoy the album and move on, you know you’ll listen
We'll see where we both are in life 10 years from now. I've outgrown the Coli like many quality posters have. Hopefully you aren't still here defending the rappers you "don't root for like athletes"

Have a good day buddy

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
You’re wasting your time. I had someone bring up Pusha T and Jadakiss. They’re great rappers but I didn’t have in them in the conversation of artist.

To everyone that quoted me.

Ye - “college theme were first 3” , “808’s heartbreak was different completely”, “Beautiful dark twisted fantasy & Yeezus”, “the life of Pablo”. then you have “Donda” - These album overall theme is different

Snoop - went from gangster to pimp to reggae artist to gospel album

Kendrick Lamar - Every major release has been different

Nas - switch with Godson and N album and life is good.

All I’m saying is Drake story has not moved forward at all. He is still on the same shyt. He just has no layers. I still listen to his music because I haven’t denied his talent.

Jay did an album Jay Electronica with verses about different shyt. Jay story moved foward. At Drake age Jay made kingdom come and Black album. His story moved forward from the hustler tales.
Don't let these stans in here gaslight you into thinking you're supposed to be satisfied with carbon copy music
:mjlol:

Last edited:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Whose content in rap has changed when they got older?
Ridiculous. This is the talking point yall are using to defend Drake?

:gucci:

SVeJcLa.png

Born Rich

triple entendre, don't ask me how...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
W$GT$
What music does Dre 3000 drop???

The others rap about the same shyt stop….

3000 does features…

Jesus is King and Donda have the same lyrical content as Yeezus or MBDTF :jbhmm: if you say so…

Flower Boy and CMIYGL has the same lyrical content as Goblin or b*stard :jbhmm: if you say so…

Snoop still raps about gang life and street shyt :jbhmm: if you say so…

:troll: