Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just had a portion of that convo the other night with someone

The reason guys like Drake and a lot of people in some kind of similar form, take those women on vacation is because they are available. They rarely have the kind of jobs that demand their presence, or have scheduled vacation time. Serious professionals can't just fly and meet someone on tour or hit the Bahamas for a week, without notice. So, you end up with a certain type, rarely the disposable income for her own trip, but with the time/willingness to go along.

The age thing is related to where you are in life. There are a lot more women 25-30 in that category, because a lot of the professions they occupy, and put them in proximity with "ballers" are based on youth and looks.

Have your fun with them but who the fukk told Drake or athletes to give their hearts to them and seed them up? What happened to putting women in the appropriate categories?

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps
Social media has got people trying to be the fastest to give their opinion on music, as well as a hive mentality. A few people said it was wack now everyone is saying it.

We’re all entitled to our opinion as music is subjective but I feel like some of the reactions have been excessive. The only thing I would agree with is it’s a very toxic, almost redpill album but Her Loss was similar in that regard yet it was a standout album last year.

8/10 album for me, 2nd best rap album this year after Utopia.
8/10? Come on breh.

• Haha
Reactions: No1

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Drake super stans a diff breed. Nas is my goat and has released classics as loosies damn near and I wouldn't defend him like they do Aubrey.

you must have never been in a nas album thread lol. as bad as drake stans are, no group of stans are on the level on nas stans (on the coli)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Have your fun with them but who the fukk told Drake or athletes to give their hearts to them and seed them up? What happened to putting women in the appropriate categories?

I understand that part, and this where the whole "immaturity", 'toxic" part comes in, as in rappers have always done that, but he actually raps about falling in love with women way below his social/economic status and being heartbroken about it, though he sounds less and less like that, and more just angry and frustrated.

I would clown him or me, or my boys for that, BUT, you start running with those girls, and I know, I know myself, spend just three days with someone, having sex, pillow talking, late night, and then do it again, eventually, for most people, you develop feelings. It's natural. All the sudden, that bottle service girl who you thought would be a one night thing, she's actually smart and sweet, or whatever whatever, you get intimate with people and feelings develop.

Drake's last few albums are about that disillusionment. Which, yes, what do you expect from some 25 year old stripper, like the one on that voicemail? But part of attraction, sexuality, all that shyt, is the stories you tell yourself about that other person.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I also don’t get the Drake trying to court a younger demo thing. Drake been doing this, if he’d stay stagnant in his career we’d never have gotten a Versace remix, a Tuesday, My Way remix, Look Alive, etc. I could go on and on. He’s been collabing with folks, it’s partially how he stays on top. The Drake stimulus package (pause) is a thing for a reason. Cats’ll be like Drake hasn’t matured but won’t listen to a song like March 14th.
He gives it to you in spirts now. Right after “Scorpion” that’s when he has limited his deep mature thoughts into what we have now.

I honestly feel the Pusha/Kanye shyt really mentally fukked him up to the point of how his musi is now.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
He gives it to you in spirts now. Right after “Scorpion” that’s when he has limited his deep mature thoughts into what we have now.

I honestly feel the Pusha/Kanye shyt really mentally fukked him up to the point of how his musi is now.
Meek beef changed him.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I also don’t get the Drake trying to court a younger demo thing. Drake been doing this, if he’d stay stagnant in his career we’d never have gotten a Versace remix, a Tuesday, My Way remix, Look Alive, etc. I could go on and on. He’s been collabing with folks, it’s partially how he stays on top. The Drake stimulus package (pause) is a thing for a reason. Cats’ll be like Drake hasn’t matured but won’t listen to a song like March 14th.
You Drake stans are so disingenuous. Just say you’re as emotionally immature as him or just want vibes and don’t care about raps but trying to convince grown, educated people that doing features with young hot acts is being emotionally immature is utter nonsense. Every rapper collaborates with younger emcees and bridges the gap. The difference is Drake literally sounds and raps content wise like he’s still 25. You can’t be in his age group and not be like wtf is this? It’s unprecedented for a “top” guy in hip hop history. Moreover, vapid ass songs like March 14th don’t show any growth - go listen to Drake before 2018 and how genuine it sounded. He’s sounded like a petulant and insecure child ever since the Meek beef. It’s hidden in the fact that he’s made hits and been successful. “I was an angry yute when I was writing Views.” It’s all there from his own mouth and it shows in the music. People expect more than catchy and superficial shyt from the “greatest of my generation.”

Last edited:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Drake has always been misogynistic, I just find it funny people have an issue with it now
Because he’s about to be 37 and has a child and presented himself as having more depth. It would be like if Jay Z sounded like Big Pimpin Hov while being with Beyonce. In that sense, he’s a victim of his success because no one would care if Juicy J rapped like that.
It’s not about the music for some of these media/journalists. They’re using the music to get off their disdain for him.
He’s not really a likeable person based on his public persona - he just had enough hits where it was hard to critique him. But people have thought he was mailing it in since Scorpion at minimum. No one going hard on him now was favorable then besides Budden - it’s just that public opinion has shifted in their direction.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
You Drake stans are so disingenuous. Just say you’re as emotionally immature as him or just want vibes and don’t care about raps but trying to convince grown, educated people that doing features with young hot acts is being emotionally immature is utter nonsense. Every rapper collaborates with younger emcees and bridges the gap. The difference is Drake literally sounds and raps content wise like he’s still 25. You can’t be in his age group and not be like wtf is this? It’s unprecedented for a “top” guy in hip hop history. Moreover, vapid ass songs like March 14th don’t show any growth - go listen to Drake before 2018 and how genuine it sounded. He’s sounded like a petulant and insecure child ever since the Meek beef. It’s hidden in the fact that he’s made hits and been successful. “I was an angry yute when I was writing Views.” It’s all there from his own mouth and it shows in the music. People expect more than catchy and superficial shyt from the “greatest of my generation.”
Funny thing is I agree with you. I’ve just accepted Drake at this point is chasing hits and Billboard numbers. You talking to somebody that didn’t even fukk with CLB like that and knew he was chasing Billboard with Way 2 Sexy. I agree after the Meek beef he said fukk it and went all in on chasing the numbers. I don’t even like some of the “younger” sounding stuff in here like the Yeat song. But Drake is still usually going to have an introspective song here and there on any given album. I also still stand by Drake not having to court a younger demo, he’s gonna have the youth regardless. I’d love a whole album full of Middle Of The Ocean, Away From Home type records, don’t think he’ll ever do it though.