Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I also don’t get the Drake trying to court a younger demo thing. Drake been doing this, if he’d stay stagnant in his career we’d never have gotten a Versace remix, a Tuesday, My Way remix, Look Alive, etc. I could go on and on. He’s been collabing with folks, it’s partially how he stays on top. The Drake stimulus package (pause) is a thing for a reason. Cats’ll be like Drake hasn’t matured but won’t listen to a song like March 14th.

Somebody

All Star
Daps
I also don’t get the Drake trying to court a younger demo thing. Drake been doing this, if he’d stay stagnant in his career we’d never have gotten a Versace remix, a Tuesday, My Way remix, Look Alive, etc. I could go on and on. He’s been collabing with folks, it’s partially how he stays on top. The Drake stimulus package (pause) is a thing for a reason. Cats’ll be like Drake hasn’t matured but won’t listen to a song like March 14th.

If rap music is youth driven like they like to say it is when it’s convenient for them, so are cartoons. Nobody expects kids to be in charge of making them.

Nikkas just say dumb jealous shyt to trick they own ppl out they spot. The hood ain’t down thru a lack of talent or effort. It’s a lack of unity. Drake could be 70 years old and 13 year olds will still jack him like the cool English teacher.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
If rap music is youth driven like they like to say it is when it’s convenient for them, so are cartoons. Nobody expects kids to be in charge of making them.

Nikkas just say dumb jealous shyt to trick they own ppl out they spot. The hood ain’t down thru a lack of talent or effort. It’s a lack of unity. Drake could be 70 years old and 13 year olds will still jack him like the cool English teacher.
Facts, Drake always had the youth on virtue of being Drake, I don't really see that changing.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Just had a portion of that convo the other night with someone

The reason guys like Drake and a lot of people in some kind of similar form, take those women on vacation is because they are available. They rarely have the kind of jobs that demand their presence, or have scheduled vacation time. Serious professionals can't just fly and meet someone on tour or hit the Bahamas for a week, without notice. So, you end up with a certain type, rarely the disposable income for her own trip, but with the time/willingness to go along.

The age thing is related to where you are in life. There are a lot more women 25-30 in that category, because a lot of the professions they occupy, and put them in proximity with "ballers" are based on youth and looks.

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not the biggest Drake fan so I wasn't in a rush to listen to this. I finally got around to in it and I dont get the hate. Its a typical Drake album. Im not sure what people were expecting. Theres def some heat on here. From how people were talking I thought this was gonna be straight garbage.

I really like Virginia Beach, Fear of Heights, Daylight, First person shooter, 8am in Charlotte, BBL Love, Away From Home and Polar Opposites. Are people really saying those tracks are wack? Thers a few more I rocked with too. I went into that track with Sexxy Red and SZA expecting the absolute worse but I cant lie.. I liked the track. :yeshrug: The album is just too long so theres alot of boring filler. Which I expect on a Drake album. Maybe my expectations were crazy low and thats effecting things but I dont think this is bad at all.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Im not the biggest Drake fan so I wasn't in a rush to listen to this. I finally got around to in it and I dont get the hate. Its a typical Drake album. Im not sure what people were expecting. Theres def some heat on here. From how people were talking I thought this was gonna be straight garbage.

I really like Virginia Beach, Fear of Heights, Daylight, First person shooter, 8am in Charlotte, BBL Love, Away From Home and Polar Opposites. Are people really saying those tracks are wack? Thers a few more I rocked with too. I went into that track with Sexxy Red and SZA expecting the absolute worse but I cant lie.. I liked the track. :yeshrug: The album is just too long so theres alot of boring filler. Which I expect on a Drake album. Maybe my expectations were crazy low and thats effecting things but I dont think this is bad at all.

It’s clear the internet is trying to influence the narrative that the project is trash when it’s clearly not… they tried and it with her loss… then Joe Budden usinf his criticism of the album to get personal about drake being 36 and fukkin 25 yr old chics like that’s a problem lmaooo

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Just had a portion of that convo the other night with someone

The reason guys like Drake and a lot of people in some kind of similar form, take those women on vacation is because they are available. They rarely have the kind of jobs that demand their presence, or have scheduled vacation time. Serious professionals can't just fly and meet someone on tour or hit the Bahamas for a week, without notice. So, you end up with a certain type, rarely the disposable income for her own trip, but with the time/willingness to go along.

The age thing is related to where you are in life. There are a lot more women 25-30 in that category, because a lot of the professions they occupy, and put them in proximity with "ballers" are based on youth and looks.
Gilbert Areanas touched on this in why nba players attract groupies lol

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s clear the internet is trying to influence the narrative that the project is trash when it’s clearly not… they tried and it with her loss… then Joe Budden usinf his criticism of the album to get personal about drake being 36 and fukkin 25 yr old chics like that’s a problem lmaooo

Might want to check ya facts, Her Loss was widely praised