Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
I don’t understand the critique of people who find it impossible to challenge, criticize or be petty about women as if that’s some legitimate criticism of the album. This review did not even touch on the music itself or how it sounds sonically. It’s a bunch of white knighting.

THIS:

I mean what type of shyt is this? :gucci:

For the KS generation? That’s the dumbest shyt ever

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
Social media has got people trying to be the fastest to give their opinion on music, as well as a hive mentality. A few people said it was wack now everyone is saying it.

We’re all entitled to our opinion as music is subjective but I feel like some of the reactions have been excessive. The only thing I would agree with is it’s a very toxic, almost redpill album but Her Loss was similar in that regard yet it was a standout album last year.

8/10 album for me, 2nd best rap album this year after Utopia.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t understand the critique of people who find it impossible to challenge, criticize or be petty about women as if that’s some legitimate criticism of the album. This review did not even touch on the music itself or how it sounds sonically. It’s a bunch of white knighting.

THIS:

I mean what type of shyt is this? :gucci:

It's not a review nor does it claim to be it. it is commenting on a specific aspect of the album's theme and Drakes persona.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think it's meant to be looked at as a review. He talked about the evolution of Drake's lyrics...I don't see the issue here tbh. Him bringing up how much he's changed as he's got older is something we all see

Exactly, stans are pathetic, they only want undeserved praise

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Social media has got people trying to be the fastest to give their opinion on music, as well as a hive mentality. A few people said it was wack now everyone is saying it.

We’re all entitled to our opinion as music is subjective but I feel like some of the reactions have been excessive. The only thing I would agree with is it’s a very toxic, almost redpill album but Her Loss was similar in that regard yet it was a standout album last year.

8/10 album for me, 2nd best rap album this year after Utopia.

This is disingenuous as this type of response only appears when it's not in support of something a person likes.

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Switch

All Star
Daps
Album is okay from what I’ve listened to so far, first person shooter the highlight. Rihanna disses are lame as hell tho.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Rap was always HOH

I have a problem with people wanting shyt to change because they changed
The data says most of the people haven’t changed away lol
Drake has always been misogynistic, I just find it funny people have an issue with it now
he was seen more like a simp and soft but yeah he’s been this way for like ten plus years now lol

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
After a fair amount of listens my only real gripe is the incel lite content on some tracks. Wtf was he thinking ? makes Her Loss sound like a Boyz 2 Men album..

And yea you bringing 21 year old hardened thots on vacation and mad theyre brats
:dahell:
I’ve read the same thing from other posters. What’s the incel shyt?