Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I gave it a second listen and still couldn’t get into it. The tracks I did like only one is something I’ve played back to back:

First Person Shooter
7969 Santa
Slime You Out
Bahamas Promises
8am in Charlotte
Rich Baby Daddy (best track :blessed:)

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
daaaaaawgs will beeeee daaaaaaawwwwwggggz

Yeah he was nice on here even that "arooooooo" shyt he was doing :mjlol:

But I watched some of his vids and they were doodoo

laugh.JPG

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
My thoughts about this album after a few listens through and songs added to the playlist:

This shyt, like all his albums post if you’re reading this, too. many. tracks.

I get it’s the streaming age but Drake does entirely too much to check all commercial boxes, you can’t please literally everybody and make a cohesive or quality album that way. He stretches himself too thin sonically and tries to blend in with too many sounds. Sometimes it works, but when it doesn’t it fukking does it.

He could have removed 7 to 8 tracks and had his best album since If you’re reading this in my opinion. Rapping a little more wouldn’t hurt either like damn. Best rapping on the album isn’t even from him, J. Cole packed him up something serious on that track.

The vibes were cool as hell when they were good though, but I wouldn’t say that as a hip hop album in the traditional sense, but when it’s bad it’s bad. Like why end your album with such a weak ass track when that’s generally your strongest?

Ultimately I don’t think this deserves in the 40’s like on metacritic, but the style jocking songs, the bad bunny song and the last song on the album are all good cases why they shytted on it like that.
I think that bad bunny song would’ve worked had he not had bad bunny on it and just let the intro beat flow and drake rapping in Spanish :mjlol:

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
i aint gon front, on 1st listen i wasnt too impressed outside of a few songs (esp for drake standards), and was completely feelin' a lot of the critiques of the music

but after a few spins, some of the joints really sneak up on you ... :dame: r&b ones like tried our best and polar opposites
All the parties is fire too

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Rich Baby Daddy is a banger, any Miami base influenced rap song I mostly like.

It ain’t nowhere near the level of my boo though but I feel like Drake and other rappers should tap into this sound more, In my feelings was another similar type song which was a banger

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I don’t understand the critique of people who find it impossible to challenge, criticize or be petty about women as if that’s some legitimate criticism of the album. This review did not even touch on the music itself or how it sounds sonically. It’s a bunch of white knighting.

THIS:

I mean what type of shyt is this? :gucci:

Last edited:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I don’t understand the critique of people who find it impossible to challenge, criticize or be petty about women as if that’s some legitimate criticism of the album. This review did not even touch on the music itself or how it sounds sonically. It’s a bunch of white knighting.

THIS:

I don't think it's meant to be looked at as a review. He talked about the evolution of Drake's lyrics...I don't see the issue here tbh. Him bringing up how much he's changed as he's got older is something we all see

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

THIS:

The subject matter is part of the music. If the consumer doesn't want to hear that, they have a right to criticize it regardless how fire the beat is.