Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
This isn't my favorite from Drake after a few more listens. I judge an album by how many songs I want to come back to and I honestly don't see myself listening to much of this willingly. I really like "Rich Baby Daddy" and "What Would Pluto Do", because it sounds like an extension of Her Loss, but can do without the rest.

I also somewhat agree with @re'up and @CrimsonTider about the Cole verse. He's improved immensely over the years but the verse was cool at best. Although I like the "Charlene, Darlene..." line, it doesn't save Drake from a subpar performance. You're on a song with Cole, RAP nikka! I would've loved if they went back and forth on the second beat.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps

Song feels so mf good!
roller-skating-meek-mill.gif

skating-roller.gif

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This isn't my favorite from Drake after a few more listens. I judge an album by how many songs I want to come back to and I honestly don't see myself listening to much of this willingly. I really like "Rich Baby Daddy" and "What Would Pluto Do", because it sounds like an extension of Her Loss, but can do without the rest.

I also somewhat agree with @re'up and @CrimsonTider about the Cole verse. He's improved immensely over the years but the verse was cool at best. Although I like the "Charlene, Darlene..." line, it doesn't save Drake from a subpar performance. You're on a song with Cole, RAP nikka! I would've loved if they went back and forth on the second beat.

He wrecked that last verse. That would fit perfect on Her Loss. Cole sometimes is a little bland to me, when he doesn't have a subject, he's just rambling. Office, IT, those were kind of like nerd rapper C level bars. The Drake scheme/flow/beat plus bars was fire. His irritation and contempt came through in all the little lines.

use a grammy like a door stop/will they give me my flowers well of course not

if ya pub was up for sale, I buy the whole thing

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
He wrecked that last verse. That would fit perfect on Her Loss. Cole sometimes is a little bland to me, when he doesn't have a subject, he's just rambling. Office, IT, those were kind of like nerd rapper C level bars. The Drake scheme/flow/beat plus bars was fire. His irritation and contempt came through in all the little lines.

use a grammy like a door stop/will they give me my flowers well of course not

if ya pub was up for sale, I buy the whole thing
I like the last verse too. I was judging his performance on the song in its entirety.

The IT line was the one I cringed at :patrice:he could've got it off if he delivered it another way.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Just ran back some J Cole and played the old Drake collab and what a difference in that 2010/2011 Drake

Uh, baby, you wintertime cold
The night is still young, drink that dinner wine slow
I'm tryna make the goosebumps on your inner thigh show
I'll let you beat me there as far as finish lines go
Yeah, and if you gotta leave for work
I'll be right here in the same bed that you left me in
I love thick women 'cause my aunt she rode equestrian
I used to go to the stables and get them kids to bet me
And I would always ride the stallions whenever she let me
I'm jokin', I mean that thing is pokin'
I mean you kinda like that girl that's in the US Open
I mean I got this hidden agenda that you provokin'
I got bath water that you can soak in, things I could do with lotion
Don't need a towel, we could dry off in the covers
And when you think you like it, I promise you gonna love it
Yeah, when lights comin' through the drapes and we both yawnin'
I roll over and ask if I can hit it in the mornin'

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Another day sitting with the album and finished up the last few songs. I done played Virginia Beach about 20 times by now, that shyt is classic late night riding Drake :wow:
"You bust down the Jubilee, I swapped it and made you go factoryyyyyy, wait
full

You put some pain in me, I wanna get back to the major leagueeeee
full

She wanna grab on the throttle, I wanna get back in the driver's seattt
full

Askin me if I shoulda treated you better but no"

I gotta agree with someone else who said SZA saved that joint with Sexy Redd. Song with Yachty was cool, Away From Home is vintage introspective Drake. FPS and WWPD are still on repeat too. I'm still fukking with this album.
:heh: