Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
He wrecked that last verse. That would fit perfect on Her Loss. Cole sometimes is a little bland to me, when he doesn't have a subject, he's just rambling. Office, IT, those were kind of like nerd rapper C level bars. The Drake scheme/flow/beat plus bars was fire. His irritation and contempt came through in all the little lines.

use a grammy like a door stop/will they give me my flowers well of course not

if ya pub was up for sale, I buy the whole thing

Drake bodied that 3rd verse

Trace

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
My thoughts about this album after a few listens through and songs added to the playlist:

This shyt, like all his albums post if you’re reading this, too. many. tracks.

I get it’s the streaming age but Drake does entirely too much to check all commercial boxes, you can’t please literally everybody and make a cohesive or quality album that way. He stretches himself too thin sonically and tries to blend in with too many sounds. Sometimes it works, but when it doesn’t it fukking does it.

He could have removed 7 to 8 tracks and had his best album since If you’re reading this in my opinion. Rapping a little more wouldn’t hurt either like damn. Best rapping on the album isn’t even from him, J. Cole packed him up something serious on that track.

The vibes were cool as hell when they were good though, but I wouldn’t say that as a hip hop album in the traditional sense, but when it’s bad it’s bad. Like why end your album with such a weak ass track when that’s generally your strongest?

Ultimately I don’t think this deserves in the 40’s like on metacritic, but the style jocking songs, the bad bunny song and the last song on the album are all good cases why they shytted on it like that.