Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
:wow:

“The girl that the boy cherishes workin' late night at the Pyramid, and it ain't right
Ain't something I can make right
fukking up another date night
fukking up another great night
Message read like a brake light
Words sharp like a steak knife
Fishing for some answers in that ocean with a fukking great white
We in the club with your gay friends
Always put you on a straight flight
You YSL like buy me some
I'm YSL like a snake bite
I swear to God, you think I'm Shakespeare
That's why you always wanna play, right?
This ain't something I can make right”

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The beat on Polar Opposites is really really sick, been coming back to that one.

sounds very much from 2012/2015 the trap soul era

he doesn't quite land the vocals or verses, Virginia Beach is the same.

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
drake is talking about real shyt on here but... I think people are going regret these takes in about 6 months...damn near everyone is spinning back and realizing that its not THAT bad

People will. They’ve been doing this every Drake album since Views and when the next album drops, they talk about all the joints they liked off the last one :mjlol:

It happened very clearly with More Life, Scorpion, CLB and Her Loss. nikkas shyt on it for the weekend and then months later, quietly, they mentioning joints they fukked with off the album. All his albums are exactly like this. It’s gonna be joints for his Day 1 fans, joints for the females and joints strictly for the mainstream.

He didn’t do anything different from the last 4 joints. So if it’s 5-6 joints you liked off this one - go back and look at the 5-6 joints you liked off More Life, Scorpion, CLB and Her Loss. It’s the same shyt.

This really ain’t much better or much worse but people are praying on this man’s downfall when he’s one of the only few artists in hip hop still crafting full albums. nikkas won’t even be getting albums like this in 5 years from rappers. The hate is just too strong on this one

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

how old are you? The way a lot of people interact with music is way different, I think. It's more about a mood or vibe, or viral video, than an in depth approach to a whole album. Both of my friends had opposite reaction, but I don't think either played it very much. That's what I was getting at.
I feel u but if ppl can't listen to a whole album that's emblematic of other issues

I'm guessing they can't read books either

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

I feel u but if ppl can't listen to a whole album that's emblematic of other issues

I'm guessing they can't read books either

that's about where I thought you'd be. Just turned 38. My position is that this isn't individual, but emblematic of influence of things like social media to a large degree, that have taken away or greatly reduced people's ability to think deeply, reflect, or enjoy something that requires more than liking or tapping or scrolling for that next hit. I think you see that with the Drake album. and with lots of issues in general on a daily basis.

Books?! I read a lot, like dozens a year, but most people I know regardless of almost any qualifier barely read.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People will. They’ve been doing this every Drake album since Views and when the next album drops, they talk about all the joints they liked off the last one :mjlol:

It happened very clearly with More Life, Scorpion, CLB and Her Loss. nikkas shyt on it for the weekend and then months later, quietly, they mentioning joints they fukked with off the album. All his albums are exactly like this. It’s gonna be joints for his Day 1 fans, joints for the females and joints strictly for the mainstream.

He didn’t do anything different from the last 4 joints. So if it’s 5-6 joints you liked off this one - go back and look at the 5-6 joints you liked off More Life, Scorpion, CLB and Her Loss. It’s the same shyt.

This really ain’t much better or much worse but people are praying on this man’s downfall when he’s one of the only few artists in hip hop still crafting full albums. nikkas won’t even be getting albums like this in 5 years from rappers. The hate is just too strong on this one
That was my point and maybe because I’m just used to how Drake albums go. He makes a lot of music to appeal to a wide base. Initially about 3-4 stand out. Weeks pass and I gravitate to 3-4 different ones while still fukking with a few that I liked early. People still try to listen to his projects like it’s 2014 and it’s him making NWTS. I think the last time Drake made an album in the traditional way hip hop fans listen to rap was If you’re reading this. shyt, wasn’t “More Life” sold as a playlist? That’s how every Drake album has been since that lol

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
drake is talking about real shyt on here but... I think people are going regret these takes in about 6 months...damn near everyone is spinning back and realizing that its not THAT bad

I truly believe the internet people that help get topics trending think they are tired of Drake. What’s going to happen is when people go to parties, clubs, strip clubs, workout, etc and “daylight” or “Rich Baby Daddy” goes in they will vibe.

Listening to the album, he could have put “search and rescue” on this and should have had “daylight” or “IDGAF” as the lead single. The way albums are presented definitely make the way it’s received better. Doesn’t help this fool did this during a tour run where fans said he looked tired and he was performing weak ass hell near the end

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
I've never been that person. If I listen to some shyt and it's wack on the first spin, it will be wack on the second or third spin. :yeshrug:

People keep repeating this "Everyone revisits his album and likes it down the line" but nah...Since If Your Reading This it's been mid and has stayed mid.

It's not even super bad music it's just :unimpressed:Doesn't inspire you to spin it again.

It's funny the most positive thing people can muster for this album and in this thread is that it isn't as bad as everyone says it is.
When that is the best thing people have to say about your album then :huhldup:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Don't think he's really reinvented anything since If You're Reading This It's Too Late

but has held on to his market share. Think that's a very fair point.

Search and Rescue, LOL one of my boys showed me some girls Hinge profile and it had that hook on it

def. a sign of where the album was heading. Pretty dope beat and solid hook, but that off key singing. Why was he doing that on so any tracks?