Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
See this is why I hate the "discourse" sometimes...cause sassy nikkas like this always wanna cape for women and shyt...like bro cut it the fukk out...you already think men can be women now you're caping for this ambiguous "black women" like he's hating them.

The fukk is wrong with these softies? Just complete victims.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I like Cole, but don't follow him very closely since 2014 or so, honestly thought Drake got him, the beat switch was a part of that, the other beat wasn't good to me, so that's one aspect

but Cole's bars weren't that interesting, he does a lot of kind of bland congratulatory bars, "real hip hop'. but they just weren't that cutting.

The Drake verse, super petty and also funny, relatable, (texts are lime green, justine pauline, chrstine) scathing, "if your pub was up for sale, I buy the whole thing", that reminded me of Jay's better lines from 20 years ago

The Joe Budden breakdown of that song was predictable but kind of bizarre, where did Cole really kill it on that song? A song like that Johnny P Caddy, I can see a fire verse.
Cole’s flow was good and it’s probably the best beat he’s rapped on but it’s a standard Cole verse. Drake is way more interesting and Dynamic

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
What hurts the album beyond the content/maturity aspect is the sequencing and the length. A tighter edit, like 10 tracks, would have had a leaner and more impactful album, that wouldn't re invent anything but would feel like a nice fall project, something of a return to form. This feels cynical in it's length, dated in a something for everybody approach. Esp. since he repeated himself on multiple songs.

Other thought, is it too much to see some calculation in some of Drake's themes of resentment, as a marketing technique, for a fan base of men who are pretty statistically and vocally disillusioned about women?

After listening to this album for a few days, and being very familiar in my own way, with the transactional relationships of club/strip club women, I hang with strippers, I've gone out with them, been hit up for Goyard bags, take me to Miami---- I really don't mind any of it, not mad at any women, not mad at my "ex" but after hearing the album over and over, it starts to play with your mind, like fukk that bytch, but I truly don't feel like that--- and so for people who are angrier or bitter, it's powerful.

Last edited:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
after a few listens i say its still pretty solid effort besides the cringe moments i feel its much much better than CLB

gives me more life vibes feeling like a playlist

but you do get the feeling this is the last album drake has before he has to finally grow up lyrically

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
after a few listens i say its still pretty solid effort besides the cringe moments i feel its much much better than CLB

gives me more life vibes feeling like a playlist

but you do get the feeling this is the last album drake has before he has to finally grow up lyrically
Where are the immature bars. nikkas sound as nutty as Joe Budden

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Where are the immature bars. nikkas sound as nutty as Joe Budden
the riri shyt just seems immature af to me

i didn't here asap or riri camp saying any slick shyt so feels like it came from nowhere except on some immature petty shyt

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
the riri shyt just seems immature af to me

i didn't here asap or riri camp saying any slick shyt so feels like it came from nowhere except on some immature petty shyt
nikkas thinking that is a rih and asap diss reaching. She dont Own the word Anti