Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
That's a nice essay. Which would make sense except my point stands yachty music is fukking flop city so who exactly is he appealing to by bringing him around?

Younger people are not fukking with yachty music like that when he flopping selling 30k

Please don't bring up "he getting show money"
Yachty is Drake best industry friend. If he’s always around him, he’s gonna influence the sound, and it’s obvious that Drake is fukking with it :yeshrug:

Plus he 10+ years younger than Drake and in tune with a different audience that helps Drake. Why bring in some new nikka you don’t have chemistry with when your boy right there.

He also helped make Her Loss, which was a hit critically and commercially (400k first week). This album is on pace to sell 400-500k in a week.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Yachty is Drake best industry friend. If he’s always around him, he’s gonna influence the sound, and it’s obvious that Drake is fukking with it :yeshrug:

Plus he 10+ years younger than Drake and in tune with a different audience that helps Drake. Why bring in some new nikka you don’t have chemistry with when your boy right there.

He also helped make Her Loss, which was a hit critically and commercially (400k first week). This album is on pace to sell 400-500k in a week.

Oh I didn't realize he had anything to do with Her Loss :ehh: . I guess he can't do for self and is better for other artists. Nothing wrong with that :ehh:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Oh I didn't realize he had anything to do with Her Loss :ehh: . I guess he can't do for self and is better for other artists. Nothing wrong with that :ehh:
For Her Loss, he helped write a song, co-produced 5 tracks, and did background vocals on 2.

Without Yachty, there would be no, “Jumbotron shyt Poppin” :wow:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Just listened to this.. Smh Drake has to be a plant cause he got a million hot singles and maybe 2 good albums (certified & the 21jawn)

Cant believe this is yall goat
Jcole destroyed him so bad they had to switch the beat cause he couldn't follow him

This album worse than 4:44 & Kingdom Come

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I like Cole, but don't follow him very closely since 2014 or so, honestly thought Drake got him, the beat switch was a part of that, the other beat wasn't good to me, so that's one aspect

but Cole's bars weren't that interesting, he does a lot of kind of bland congratulatory bars, "real hip hop'. but they just weren't that cutting.

The Drake verse, super petty and also funny, relatable, (texts are lime green, justine pauline, chrstine) scathing, "if your pub was up for sale, I buy the whole thing", that reminded me of Jay's better lines from 20 years ago

The Joe Budden breakdown of that song was predictable but kind of bizarre, where did Cole really kill it on that song? A song like that Johnny P Caddy, I can see a fire verse.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Of coarse Joe and Mal pods were gonna deepthroat another Drake project for their whole episode :mjlol:
If anything Rory and everybody else actually agreed with Joe’s sentiments about the album. Mal was the only one who really fukked with the album (not surprised with his dense minded ass) and was going in on Joe about making it “personal” when he really didn’t.

Didn’t even say his name either :mjlol:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
That's a nice essay. Which would make sense except my point stands yachty music is fukking flop city so who exactly is he appealing to by bringing him around?

Younger people are not fukking with yachty music like that when he flopping selling 30k

Please don't bring up "he getting show money"
It is what he said. Plus yachty isn't too busy.

Someone like lil baby is popular with the youth but I don't think he's taking the time to sit with drake and help craft an album

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
If anything Rory and everybody else actually agreed with Joe’s sentiments about the album. Mal was the only one who really fukked with the album (not surprised with his dense minded ass) and was going in on Joe about making it “personal” when he really didn’t.

Didn’t even say his name either :mjlol:
this guy is a the such a faq :mjlol:

im tired of these damn subliminals

desp

SO MUCH FUN
Daps
nikkas walking it back now :mjgrin:

But... you doing the same thing :dwillhuh:
I think dude is bored. He can body verses when he wants to but needs to be fulfilled. It’s weird.
For example. People are revisiting CLB and realizing how excellent it was. I don’t see that happening with this one.

I look at drakes verse on “wasting time” and have to realize the guy is elite when he wants to be. I don’t get it.