Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
7969 Santa is another track, with a pretty fire beat, sounds like some old 40 style

but the lyrics and singing and theme is not executed that well.

Virginia Beach
7969 Santa
Slime You Out
Bahamas Promise
Tried Our Best
Drew A Picasso
Polar Opposites

fukk that's like 1/3 of the album

all seem to be chronicling the same events and same relationship, same person, same grievances, and same studio session

also, it appears to be genuine, but sometimes I can't tell if he's just trying to be universally appealing, to everyone in their 20's and 30's, the words and actions described, are almost entirely generic, besides some of the references to 1% luxury tricking. That's been something I have thought for most of his career. Is he that great at capturing the ennuni of modern relationships, or is he just stuck in actually living that out?
Yeah that's what I said about that track, 7969 Santa was a missed opportunity

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Away From Home's beat is kinda crazy though...almost reminds me of some 90s IDM shyt like Aphex Twin or Autechre
Yeah its a sample from some electronica I've heard many times. Please @ me when someone figures it out, its driving me crazy that I can't place it.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Damn even Ak is admitting how okay this album is. That's a bad sign.
It ain’t shyt wrong with the album… AK is a flake ass nikka who’s opinion goes where the wind blows..

Her loss was strictly for the nikkas it’s that simple…. Mofos been complaining drake don’t make songs for the nikkas no more and he gave you her loss… This album for all the dogs ain’t for the hardcore nikkas…

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
It ain’t shyt wrong with the album… AK is a flake ass nikka who’s opinion goes where the wind blows..

Her loss was strictly for the nikkas it’s that simple…. Mofos been complaining drake don’t make songs for the nikkas no more and he gave you her loss… This album for all the dogs ain’t for the hardcore nikkas…

This is the problem with hip-hop RN. an album drops and half the thread is chatty patty phaggot lipstick ally shyt. Like half the convos aren't even music related.

shyt is crazy.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
As a person who is not really a fan of singing Drake, this album is not as bad as people are saying it is. Definitely not worth all the controversy it's been causing, seems like a typical Drake album with a lot of filler songs. It's pretty tolerable for the most part but I see with social media it quickly becomes a trend to trash a project upon release if it doesn't hit immediately people's expectations. Assuming that is because he's not really rapping rapping on here as he has on other projects. I liked about 13 or 14 of the 23 songs which means he shot over 50 percent :yeshrug:

Tried Your Best and honesty Slime You Out are honestly what Scorpion needed. Those are damn good tracks, and to a lesser extent Virginia Beach. Cut out some of that Side B bullshyt and put these three in and maybe, just maybe, that album is received differently.

Honestly Push (and Ye I guess lol) changed Drake's entire psyche and approach to music. Like the first time Rocky drew blood to Drago.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
It can't be THAT Bad being an elite level earner and rapper, as far as relationships with women go, it's not bad at all for me, it can't be bad for him.

Some of the content resonates for sure, but it just goes over and over again, where is the sexuality? where is the lust? where is the excitement?
Youre right. All his relationships sound more like business deals gone bad.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
I like the album, about what I expect from Drake, some really good songs, catchy choruses, some corny lyrics, some good displays of lyrical ability and bad to mediocre singing.

It’s why I can hear arguments of him being in a Top 10-15 rappers of all time based on relevancy, but top 5 is pure fantasy talk, Take Care is his Magnus opus and that isn’t on the level of albums like Illmatic, Blueprint, Be, Life After Death, from other rappers I would rank in that tier.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
PIPE DOWN is one of the best songs of the decade...and people sleep on it.

Like, Drake is talented as fukk but it's like.. now people are calling him misogynistic and shyt? I thought these were rap fans. They're out here running to defend random women and shyt like he can't be petty and fire off...drake's been safe his whole career...time to let his nuts hang
It’s hoe shyt.

Since when is it hip hop to throw subliminals at women.

It’s weird he’s 37 she’s married and has two children. It’s been years.

This is not letting your nuts hang.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It’s hoe shyt.

Since when is it hip hop to throw subliminals at women.

It’s weird he’s 37 she’s married and has two children. It’s been years.

This is not letting your nuts hang.
I don't know whats "hip hop" since yall move that fukkng goalpost

fact is, I like throwing shots at anyone who you felt fukked you over, slighted you, or made you feel small.

Let him rap about black death and yall calling it hard.

Yall allowed drug smugglers pollute what diss records actually meant

plus hes not even throwing shots...its a "look you did me wrong and fukk you" type vibe. It's not wishing ill will...its honest emotion.