Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overall this is good. If he had greater quality control (removed about 6 songs) it would have been great but it's got some slaps.

I think the break is needed. In fact I would go so far to say he should retire. He has nothing to prove at this point.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Drake is lame and has gotten worse over the years....

And I have been a fan of much of his music but dude is reaching unbearable levels of corniness and its getting to the point that even his die hard fans are lookin CRAZY!!

The diss to Ezperanza Spalding was straight SUCKA SHYT

The dirty shyt he did to Halle Berry was SUCKA SHYT

Even his response to Joe Budden was super emotional and not what someone who was not a lame would do...

Nobody in history has had their lameness overlooked because they were talented like Drake has..

Dude is TERRIBELE!
Please explain how he diss Expresso Spaulding and clout chasing Halle Berry

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Y’all gotta get better at the hate there’s nothing 1 dimensional about the production on here

This is easily the best produced album with most varied production of the year

No, it's not. That would be Scaring The Hoes, by a country mile. I think the production on here is good overall, but if we're just talking mainstream records the Travis album objectively has more memorable production. Not sure any of these beats make me go "oh shyt" outside of maybe the intro.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This is album is trash. The only 2 records that have replay value to me is Cole’s feature and the 8AM joint.

Other than that, this is by far his weakest album. This is borderline Andrew Tate music.

Damn near every record is him bashing women he dealt with because they curved him. This man literally has a record sending subshots to Rihanna for getting with ASAP Rocky and having a family :gucci:

That man sent shots to Esperanza Spaulding because he still mad she won best new artist at the Grammys TWELVE years ago! :why:

Like Budden said on his podcast, it felt like Yaucty was rapping. You can TELL Lil Yaucty had HEAVY influence creatively through out the entire album.

Yaucty said that this project is the “best music” of Drake’s career and that he is spitting his “best verses” of his career as well. :comeon:

Nah he was saying that cause Drake was making music that caters to him and his age group. Of course he gonna say the music is amazing. ESPECIALLY if he has input on it..

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Yaucty is the one encouraging him to react how he been acting right now.

It’s a damn shame..

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
No, it's not. That would be Scaring The Hoes, by a country mile. I think the production on here is good overall, but if we're just talking mainstream records the Travis album objectively has more memorable production. Not sure any of these beats make me go "oh shyt" outside of maybe the intro.

Intro beat is legit nuts. Everything else is just varying degrees of "drake" we've heard for a minute now.

And the production on STH is cold, but you know these mickey d brain ass dudes on here aint gone fukk with Peggy

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Travis is good buts it’s overproduced and a lot of the beat switches are unnecessary

Another late Night sounds like a vintage Carti beat back when he was a good artist

8 am in Charlotte is menancing

Rich baby Daddy is infectious

All the parties is my favorite right now :blessed:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This is album is trash. The only 2 records that have replay value to me is Cole’s feature and the 8AM joint.

Other than that, this is by far his weakest album. This is borderline Andrew Tate music.

Damn near every record is him bashing women he dealt with because they curved him. This man literally has a record sending subshots to Rihanna for getting with ASAP Rocky and having a family :gucci:

That man sent shots to Esperanza Spaulding because he still mad she won best new artist at the Grammys TWELVE years ago! :why:

Like Budden said on his podcast, it felt like Yaucty was rapping. You can TELL Lil Yaucty had HEAVY influence creatively through out the entire album.

Yaucty said that this project is the “best music” of Drake’s career and that he is spitting his “best verses” of his career as well. :comeon:

Nah he was saying that cause Drake was making music that caters to him and his age group. Of course he gonna say the music is amazing. ESPECIALLY if he has input on it..

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if Yaucty is the one encouraging him to react how he been acting right now.

It’s a damn shame..
Name of the album is For All the Dogs

What else did you think he was going to rap about? :dead:

I had the 2nd reply in this thread, I literally posted this without knowing even what one bar of this album would be

Looks like this one gone be misogynstic. :ehh:

Pandering Drake era is over :wow:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Travis is good buts it’s overproduced and a lot of the beat switches are unnecessary

Another late Night sounds like a vintage Carti beat back when he was a good artist

8 am in Charlotte is menancing

Rich baby Daddy is infectious

All the parties is my favorite right now :blessed:

For the record All The Dogs>Utopia in my opinion, I just think Utopia's beats stand out more. Travis just don't do shyt with them lol.

You can also tell there's some overlap with the album. Telekinesis sounds like a track Drake turned down, Meltdown sounds like something he gave Travis, etc.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all gotta get better at the hate there’s nothing 1 dimensional about the production on here

This is easily the best produced album with most varied production of the year

I’m so familiar with his sound/style it bores me. Lazy production even though it’s good musically

I know exactly what drakes gonna do EVERY ALBUM

I get fans want the speed up/distorted R&B runs over a minimal laid back beat but does he even challenge himself

His albums have mostly filler songs these days.

Production is basic and predictable most songs

Not saying they are bad songs but surprise me for once

I do like a few songs (that teezo touchdown 7969 Santa interlude if it counts) but the albums is like 23 songs so :snoop:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
"For all the dogs" but damn near every song is bytchin and moaning about some girl playing with his feelings :laff:

FR. All the dog ass nikkas I've known (and being one on occasion)...we just say FDB and move on to the next. This must be for the new age dogs, since these new young nikkas are rather strange maybe thats what they consider being dogs (bytching, moaning, and being bitter over heuaxs)