Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Unhinged four chan ass incel :umad:
Wild how you unhinged stans keep skating over all the shyt ya c00n idol has done.
You either a piece of shyt c00n or a cracker ass cracker that loves white supremacists.

IMG-7738.jpg

mbgwa6x1ane71.jpg

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
Now its the wack ass rat on ozempic and the rac00n self hating bytch yall tryna grasp onto :mjlol:

Dear lawd yall MAD AS shyt :umad:
My guy read through this thread.
The only “mad” person is you.
You’re angry as hell because people on a hip-hop board don’t like an album full of out of key crooning from a fading pop star with an army of suburban white girl fans. Truly pathetic.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
My guy read through this thread.
The only “mad” person is you.
You’re angry as hell because people on a hip-hop board don’t like an album full of out of key crooning from a fading pop star with an army of suburban white girl fans. Truly pathetic.
Nah I ain’t mad you coming in here tryna throw that trash ass doja rac00n bytch album in here and claim that its better is some real off the wall shyt you obviously upset just like most nikkas here at every drake release :umad:

Talking bout pop star with suburban white girlies but you tryna talk about that aryan wannabe c00n bytch that suburban white racist bytches is her fanbase
:mjlol:
:umad: do better

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Now its the wack ass rat on ozempic and the rac00n self hating bytch yall tryna grasp onto :mjlol:

Dear lawd yall MAD AS shyt :umad:

No, we are mad because for those who dont have the time to dig through the crates to find awesome new shyt, mainstream/mainstream adjacent artists haven't given us more than 3 hot albums all year.

I got Killer Mike. That's the only undisputable shyt I got. As a coli Nas stan I'm good with Magic 3 but on a waaaay bigger KD guy than a Magic series guy. I like Utopia but lets be real we boosted that shyt because the bar coming into that album was soooo low.

Havent heard Gunna and Doja tbh, other than that godawful Demons track.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The intro to Virginia Beach production wise is so fire, but that singing and hook is just not good. It's way off. Like the Search And Rescue hook.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
It's hard to parse out the social media thing, because it has made everyone petty and insecure, and outraged, but the post does come off angry, and bitter, and resentful, which is not how you would expect someone on that level to behave, unless you know better, which I kinda do. People are just people.

The inability to take criticism, or receive it graciously is a major indicator of a lot of things, including, of course, deep insecurities. I have a jet and you don't, is right out of the sandbox playbook for children.

Man I make 0.001% what Drake does and I wouldn't be bothered enough to respond to someone like that for coming at me sideways how is he that rich and that petty? shyts wild tbh.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
The intro to Virginia Beach production wise is so fire, but that singing and hook is just not good. It's way off. Like the Search And Rescue hook.

Thats why I buy the health excuse. Since CLB he actually SOUNDS like garbage, it's not just the pen anymore. No shyt, it might be that long COVID from 2020, where its something that a vast majority of people get through but affects their quality of life going forward, if not necessarily the longetivity. Healthy people and non-healthy people, it don't matter.

Scorpion had a ton of trash but 8 Out of 10 is full of vitality. He sounds like a COPD patient, with the worst display of that all time being Honestly Nevermind.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
No, we are mad because for those who dont have the time to dig through the crates to find awesome new shyt, mainstream/mainstream adjacent artists haven't given us more than 3 hot albums all year.

I got Killer Mike. That's the only undisputable shyt I got. As a coli Nas stan I'm good with Magic 3 but on a waaaay bigger KD guy than a Magic series guy. I like Utopia but lets be real we boosted that shyt because the bar coming into that album was soooo low.

Havent heard Gunna and Doja tbh, other than that godawful Demons track.
Look honestly if its not someone I fukks with before(Nas my goat) I don’t even try to bother to look. I’m more into UK rap nowadays. Im not tryna latch on trash ass nikkas like gunna or doja rac00n :manny:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
see, now this a good conversation, this what we post for. Discussion and analysis, some jokes. No one mad at each other.

@John Mexico

maybe it's my personal attachment to the songs, but I thought Race My Mind and 7 Am On Bridal Path were fire. But, for 7 years plus his projects are usually bloated and overstuffed.

@Aveda, wrote another post about that, I have never written anything like that in my life, texted some gay ass shyt like that to anyone. but, that's just our culture now. Knee jerk responses and twitter fingers. No room for reflection in our responses to life, or each other. From 50 year old women to 30 year old men, to 22 year olds in college.

you knock like 40% of this off, and you have a solid, but still pretty listless project. Just Slime You Out and Virginia Beach will get some play for me. But, they do feel very bitter, but Drake always been that, Marvins Room is a classic, but super bitter and passive.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
7969 Santa is another track, with a pretty fire beat, sounds like some old 40 style

but the lyrics and singing and theme is not executed that well.

Virginia Beach
7969 Santa
Slime You Out
Bahamas Promise
Tried Our Best
Drew A Picasso
Polar Opposites

fukk that's like 1/3 of the album

all seem to be chronicling the same events and same relationship, same person, same grievances, and same studio session

also, it appears to be genuine, but sometimes I can't tell if he's just trying to be universally appealing, to everyone in their 20's and 30's, the words and actions described, are almost entirely generic, besides some of the references to 1% luxury tricking. That's been something I have thought for most of his career. Is he that great at capturing the ennuni of modern relationships, or is he just stuck in actually living that out?

Last edited:

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
^^^ Stop. Cole had a great and FANTASTIC mixtape and was already a made man in Sept. 09. Drake was the Prodigy, and Cudi was already destined for stardom since summer of 2008. Unfortunately for him he was blessed and cursed with Kanye, the maker and breaker of his own artists.

---

I actually warmed up to IMY2 quite a bit. Obviously theres YOLT as well but that's the joker in the deck (prime Ross and Wayne shyt) that's always there, ala Jay in 2001-2003 with every artist (besides Nas) and superproducer in his pocket, with three superproducers in his camp ALONE.

It seems like he PHYSICALLY can't do a lot of this shyt anymore. I can count the punch-ins as they happen. 40 probably don't got the time or strength to really perfect this shyt no more so he's delegating to kids and Kevin fukking Durant to A&R /executive produce his shyt, lol.