Drake - For All The Dogs (Discussion Thread)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I hope it's not true, but do y'all think Drake might have some sort of substance abuse issue? His vibe has seemed somewhat off in public interviews over the last few years. And combined with his lifestyle, gambling and stagnant music, it honestly wouldn't be surprising if he's taking time off to get himself cleaned up.
Breh started popping pills in his 30s. That's like certain rappers joining a gang in their 30s. What are you doing fam lol.

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Honestly I'd have no issue with the lyrical content if he showed any growth as an artist period. When Kanye was Drake's age he dropped Yeezus. The more time goes on it becomes increasingly clear that he's not going to do anything but chase trends, attach himself to every current wave he can, and show limited creativity or artistry. It's gonna be Peter Pan shyt forever. Perpetual adolescence.

You're nearly 40 years old, the biggest rapper in the world and you're taking shots at Esperanza Spalding over shyt that happened a decade ago? Asking what she has done recently. She wrote a fukking opera with Wayne Shorter two years ago. Is this guy insane?
There’s a few random, passive aggressive disses on here and Her Loss that made me realize the same thing

He also dissed some random dude from back in the day on the same song for not smiling when Drake went to pick up merch from his store

He basically admits to it when he says on the same song “I wasn’t gangsta til now… I was quiet as a mouse”

I get the vibe that in real life Drake’s a resentful guy who holds grudges towards a lot of people (Weeknd, Esperanza, Kendrick, Pusha) who he felt slighted by but the Drake character was designed to be a Nice Guy

The Nice Guy mask is slowly slipping and he’s letting his real personality show, which has given some of his songs lately a surprisingly bitter tone

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Didn’t like this on first listen but the best solo songs are really on the second half of this

The album isn’t sequenxed

There’s a few random, passive aggressive disses on here and Her Loss that made me realize the same thing

He says on the same song “I wasn’t gangsta til now… I was quiet as a mouse”

I get the vibe that in real life Drake’s a resentful guy who holds grudges towards a lot of people who he felt slighted by but the Drake character was designed to be a Nice Guy

The Nice Guy mask is slowly slipping and he’s letting his real personality show, which has given his songs lately a surprisingly bitter tone

I caught that line too, one of the more authentic bars about himself I have heard. Don't think he's ever said that before. Very revealing about his "true" personality.

Friends of mine were bullied/felt lesser than to unhealthy degrees in high school/middle school, and in their 30's still had that chip on the shoulder, eager for validation, quick to bully someone, things like that. No matter what exterior successes they had, looks, money women, accolades, they still had that childhood resentment.

Harder for me to get that, because I didn't experience that feeling.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
Sad part of this shyt is Joe ain't even trying to do his noveau-rich d-bag comedy style shyt. He's actually giving Drake advice, albeit while kinda shytting on him but nobody has went to bat for Drake like Joe has, even through the little beef. He's probably actually trying to give him advice from his own misdealings.

I couldn't imagine being that insecure. Who wouldn't love Drake's come up and afluence and influence and accolades? But I would never wanna be someone THAT insecure.

Jermaine got kids and in Fayetteville chilling with his family. Kendrick probably in Pomona or Manhattan Beach or some shyt with his family chilling. Actually enjoying their lives. Meanwhile Drake is MAGA-divorced father flaunting his Z06 Corvette trying to impress/fukk the kids at LIV.

He really pulled the "I OWN A 767!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:"

:mjlol:

Last edited:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
It's hard to parse out the social media thing, because it has made everyone petty and insecure, and outraged, but the post does come off angry, and bitter, and resentful, which is not how you would expect someone on that level to behave, unless you know better, which I kinda do. People are just people.

The inability to take criticism, or receive it graciously is a major indicator of a lot of things, including, of course, deep insecurities. I have a jet and you don't, is right out of the sandbox playbook for children.